1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Lift 3" Spacer needed?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by claymore, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Dec 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    claymore

claymore [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    TRD cat back exhaust, console vault(for my little friend),Pop and Lock, Bak Flip G2, Weather Tech window covers, LED inside and out, DTRL Anytime, Grillcraft Grill, BAMF Light Bar with Hella 500s and Blitzpro 15D, Eibach with 5100's all around set at .85 and top plate spacers, LR UCA's, toytec 2" add a leaf, Duratrack 285 75 16, ABS kill switch, Aux reverse lights, Blue Sea Aux fuse block, ImMrYo Bracket, LED Bedlights, Ultra Gauge,
    I bought this lift for my 2012 DCSB. I wanting to know who else has installed it and if they used the spacers to get 3". Also the 1/4 spacer for Taco lean? I bought the spacers, but not sure if I want to install them. :taco:

2. Dec 2, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    claymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    TRD cat back exhaust, console vault(for my little friend),Pop and Lock, Bak Flip G2, Weather Tech window covers, LED inside and out, DTRL Anytime, Grillcraft Grill, BAMF Light Bar with Hella 500s and Blitzpro 15D, Eibach with 5100's all around set at .85 and top plate spacers, LR UCA's, toytec 2" add a leaf, Duratrack 285 75 16, ABS kill switch, Aux reverse lights, Blue Sea Aux fuse block, ImMrYo Bracket, LED Bedlights, Ultra Gauge,
    Bump

I have searched and read so many post my eyes are ready to explode!:eek: I am hoping someone can help a little.

Thanks

3. Dec 2, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    I would install the Eibach and Bilstein and drive a few weeks or hundred miles or when you retorque your bolts and see if the driverside is lower by then and if it is. Install the top plate space. Not like you need a spring compressor to install it. Just unbolt the top bolts and pry down the coilover assemble and slip in the spacer.

4. Dec 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    claymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    Thanks for the input, you are right about the 1/4" spacer. I am also wondering about the 1/2" that does require the compressor to install.

5. Dec 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Just longer top 3 studs is required for 1/2".

Products Discussed in

To Top