1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Lift Kits

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacomadude1234, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Jan 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    tacomadude1234

tacomadude1234 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Magnetic Gray SR5 TRD Offroad
    AFE Cold Air Intake, MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, 5% Window Tint, TRD Seat Covers, Billet Grille w/ logo 3.5" Toytec Coilovers and 2.5" AAL rear LR UCA's 1" Rear Block Kit Extended Skid Plate
    Not a stupid question at all.
    A leveling kit is just for looks. The spacers that they put on the front of the vehicle add alot more stress to the original coil springs, and other components. Coil over's are designed to reduce that stress. It will especially help if you purchase aftermarket UCA's. So if you do alot of off-roading, spend the extra money.

My dad hunts and traps alot. He bought a cheap revtek leveling kit and it looks great. He said though, now the performance off road is not as good. The truck is too stiff, so when he gets into a rut at an angle he doesn't have enough articulation anymore.

Hope this helps.

2. Jan 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    i am planning on getting coilovers as well. From what i hear they ride great and are also superb offroad. I intentionally was gonna get the spacer lift but quickly decided not to. Being that oyr tacomas are great trucks and expensive...i dont wanna go cheap on the suspension. I am going to put the coilovers with the aal. Then when i can get the money buy the TC uca's. Also, i want my truck riding as close to stock as i can get it.

3. Jan 29, 2009 at 5:16 AM
    armstrsm

armstrsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4 SR5 TRd OffRoad
    AVS Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Locks On Bed storage, Weathertech floor liners, Access roll up tonneau, Dual Head unit, illuminated 4x4 switch, Devil Horns
    thanks for the feedback...!!

4. Jan 29, 2009 at 5:24 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    It was worth the wait!! I've had it for a week now.:bananadance:

5. Feb 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    ballbduke

ballbduke New Member

Member:
    Hey guys i have a 2002 dub cab tacoma 2wd with a recently installed fabtech basic coilovers with 31in bfg at with eagle alloys and i wanted to know if i can instal the toytech 1.5 in spacer and 1in block on top of the fabtech coilovers and if it would cause me any problems?

Products Discussed in

To Top