1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec lost a customer over 26 dollars!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by MWall, Jan 30, 2013.

1. darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, All-Pro expdtn Leaf Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders LCAskids diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 35" Dynapro MT's
    TacomaWorld is the place to come and complain about vendors. The quality of products and customer service a company provides is valuable information when members prepare to buy something. The members on this site get first hand accounts of what is great and what is not. You gotta take the information with a grain of salt, too.

2. jbmccul

jbmccul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner Sport
    This.

3. snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft.myers,FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Lexus ES300

DONE!!!!

4. jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I was being sarcastic. I would never put a spacers and blocks lift on my truck.

Toytec wasn't looking bad. They clearly state in their return policy they do not accept returns on parts that have been installed. Why is it their problem if a buyer decides not to look into that? It doesn't matter if you think it's stupid or not. That's your opinion, but as a business they have the right to make any policy they want. Don't like it, spend the money elsewhere. They weren't doing the "right thing to not look bad" they were doing the OP a favor and making an exception in their policy and taking the loss. Sure, for them 26 bucks isn't much, but same goes for the buyer as well. It's not like he was ripped off of 500 bucks or something. I don't think it's too much to ask to have the customer try to troubleshoot something rather than just saying "it doesn't take work take it back."

I see crap like this all the time at work. People aren't eligible for certain programs, it's clearly stated, but they keep complaining and threaten to take it further up the chain to try to make the company look bad, then you just cave and pay it to avoid the trouble. But that seems to be the norm in this country. Threaten or sue til you get what you want regardless if you're deserving or not.

5. Millertime187

Millertime187 I'll be your huckleberry!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 Single Cab Taco!
    EZ Lift/Pro Comp 3" lift. Spacer in front, add a leaf in rear, Bilstien 5100 shocks, TC UCA, 5% Tint all around, Painted all trim to match. Magnaflow muffler dumped, drop in k&n air filter, tinted tail lights
    Well ill tell you what, I was not being sarcastic!

Really what is the difference in lifts?

You put a spacer in you are making the part from truck to LCA longer

You put STIFFER, LONGER coils in again longer

You put 5100's in at what ever LONGER setting again longer

I love this site but people kill me, and I'm sure this has been talked about before, but it kills me that people spend crazy money on a lift that does no different than a spacer lift. You lift the front of your truck whatever way, you still have drive shaft, UCA, and shock issues. Yea you may have a different ride but that's a given for when you use different suspensions. Until you go to long travel or mid travel or 6" lift you are lifting your truck the same way(making the shock/coil longer), or block or add a leaf in rear. But whatever! I stick behind a spacer lift all day long against coils and 5100's. come get some if you don't believe, my taco WILL put whatever to shame, if I have to kill her !

6. OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  7. cgs2k2

cgs2k2 Ohio Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 AC 4x4 OR
    LOL!!!!!

8. Millertime187

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    EZ Lift/Pro Comp 3" lift. Spacer in front, add a leaf in rear, Bilstien 5100 shocks, TC UCA, 5% Tint all around, Painted all trim to match. Magnaflow muffler dumped, drop in k&n air filter, tinted tail lights
    I see people looking and saying lol? Really HOW MUCH DOWN TRAVEL YOU HAVE WITH COILS, 5100's, same as I do with spacers? How much up travel you have, bout the same a spacers! So someone please tell me why spacers are SO BAD!

9. 2013TuRD

2013TuRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    SW BC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    This

10. Millertime187

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
  11. TacoSkeet

TacoSkeet 'MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    03 DC Tacoma
    ToyTec Lifts">
    Just read through this mess of a thread. Sorry to get back on topic but thats pretty dang cool. A toytec vendor got on a public forum with thousands of members to solve one very minor problem. I like it..I like it a lot. +1 for you Dylan

12. jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I've never heard anyone say they put on a spacer lift and got a better ride. My truck rides better than it did stock. I'm willing to spend the extra money to get a better ride I didn't solely want aesthetics. I couldn't care less what you put on your truck. You want to think everyone else is wasting money over your superior spacer lift be my guess. Lol lol lol.

Lol.

13. evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359690270.276131.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359690289.159661.jpg

14. SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC LB TRD Zombie Response Team
    Black Satoshi Grill, Blacked Out Head Lights & Fog lights, Tint, Vent Visors, Shaved Emblems, Oil Catch Can, Ipod Hookup to Stock Head Unit, Sony Speakers, TRD Seat Covers, Xtra D-Rings and Other Small Things.... Lift and more to come
    only took a few more pages to get back off topic again haha

so OP how are you liking the new lift? got any pictures? im guessin you did all yourself since you said its cold out.

15. Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights, cb, trail gear sliders, front lift adj bilsteins, dakar lift leaf springs rear, smittybilt seat covers
    because of (see below)

toytec is ok imo, Ive had problems with them but wont do any thread on it. Im local to them but unless I really need something I cant wait for Ill probably avoid them. But atleat they tried doing things right for op. And Ive seen personally great customer service that has gone above and beyond to do things right for me.

16. Telluride

Telluride Learning Mode

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    TX TRD OffRoad Mag Grey
    OEM bedmat | Disabled seat belt chime
    Is it contagious?

To Top