1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jtav2002, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Nov 24, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 [OP] Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    So after pouring through many of the suspension threads I think I've decided to get a lift for the Taco for Christmas. I had been talking a bit with Dylan from Toytec mainly about the ultimate lift and the 3" kit with adjustable coil overs. I was wondering who was using the kit they have for 629.99 and what drawbacks there may be vs. the other 2 kits. Truck is mainly used on road with just some light off roading from time to time so I don't want to go too expensive if I don't have to(although I don't really have any budget restraints) but I don't want a cheap spacer lift either.

2. Nov 26, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    OME 885s & Dakars. 3" front & rear.
    [​IMG]

3. Nov 26, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    brianpdx

brianpdx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 SR5 TRD 4x4
    I'm not sure how that answers his question in any way, shape or form, but thanks for the pic? lol.

Josh: I can't comment on that lift or the other 2 kits, because I don't have them. I do know that Toytec is having a Black Friday sale which, IIRC, runs through the end of the day on Sunday (tomorrow) 11/27. I wouldn't depend on this thread to provide you a definitive answer. Do some searches (here and TTORA), keep working with Dylan @ Toytec and I would pull the trigger before the weekend's over. Because hey, 10% discount. :)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toytec-lifts/189426-black-friday-sale.html

4. Nov 27, 2011 at 8:41 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    You'll need a spring compressor to install those but they sell pre assembled ones. You prob won't need the diff drop either. Just pick up their pre assembled shocks (grey ones), aal, longer bolts and centering pins. You'll prob want to get some uca's for any alignment issues but not always needed.

5. Nov 27, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 [OP] Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Thanks for the input. I did end up pulling the trigger to take advantage of the sale and picked up this kit along with a set of LR UCA's.

6. Nov 27, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    I would go for the Dakars. It cost more but easy to install and well worth it. The LT UCA's work well. Also for some reason they told me to do the UCA's after the coilovers were done. Just do it all at one time. I have 8K on my lift it's all good. Recheck everthing after a few hundred miles and let's see some picks.

7. Nov 29, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    timmyedge

timmyedge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Timmy
    Layton, UT
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR DCSB
    Magnaflow cat back exhaust with down pipe, Volant CAI, BHLM w/new bulbs, 3000K replacement fog lights,Debadged/Painted/Re-badged to say TACO/ New JVC Dbl Din Nav in dash/ Fosgate 400W amp/ Fosgate 10" sub/Tacotunes box/ Order OME complete lift w/Daker springs and LR UCA's/Ordered SCS Stealth 6 Matte Gun Metal -265/70R17 Goodyear Duratracks, BAMF behind gril light bar, Custom Trial Ridge Sliders , bed mat, weathertechs, Wet Okles, All Pro Front IFS skid Plate, Plasti Dir rear bumper Future MODS-Skids IFS/Fuel tank, transfer, rear dif
    I am thinking of getting the exact same lift and UCA's along with the wheel spacers. If you don't mind, could you let me know how you like it and how it rides?

8. Nov 29, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    I just installed the same lift 2 weeks ago the Toyotec Eibach spring, the BIlstein 5100 set at .85 and the TSB AAL. I also installed the diff drop. I have a 2010 double cab with the TRD offroad pakage. I didn't add the the 3/4 spacers at this time which I will do later when I replace the upper control arms. I was dealing with Ben at Toyotec who was very helpful. The lift was easy to install and a friend had a good wall mount spring compressor. The only issue I had after the alignment was complete I notice a sligt vibration at 65mpg and that was an easy fix with carrier barring drop kit which ordered from Toyotec a couple day later. All said and done the truck look and rides good, it has a slight rake in the front but the 3/4 spacers will take care of that later. But I was on the fence between the OME or Toyotec lift there was only a hundred dollar difference and they are just about the same lift. I think I a made a good choice.

9. Nov 29, 2011 at 2:09 PM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    Maybe one day I will get on an actual computer and post some pictures.

Products Discussed in

To Top