1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Ultimate kit vs. Eibach kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nh_yota, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Nov 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    nh_yota

nh_yota [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Portsmouth, NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC V6 TRD-OR 6-SPD
    TRD Exhaust, TRD Skid Plate, URD Short Shift, Duratracs
    What's the difference, other than the cost and minor nuts and bolts, between the Toytec Ultimate lift kit and the Eibach lift kit (both come with the 5100's)? Does the Ultimate kit offer more height? I'm deciding between the two and considering one is almost twice the cost of the other, I would like to know what the Ultimate lift kit offers over the Eibach kit.

2. Nov 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    The ultimate kit has an adjustable collar so you can play with your ride height more, and offers 3" of lift or a bit more. The eibach one is a 5100, and an eibach 1.6" lift spring, and you can run the 5100's at the 0 setting and get 1.6" of lift, or bump it to the 0.85 setting and get about 2.5" of lift. You can't go any higher then the 0.85 setting with the eibach spring though or else your compressing the spring too much. I run the 5100's with the spring at the 0.85 setting and have just a bit over 2.5" on my d-cab short box 4x4. Rides excellent. I also just bought the 5100's from Down South Motorsports for $283, and then just purchased the spring seperate from Toytec...saved me about $100. Hope this helps.

3. Nov 18, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    nh_yota

nh_yota [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Portsmouth, NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC V6 TRD-OR 6-SPD
    TRD Exhaust, TRD Skid Plate, URD Short Shift, Duratracs
    If I go with the Ultimate Lift and set it at 3", will I need to go with new UCA's to deal with the new suspension geometry? I don't have the money right now for UCA's, so I'm thinking maybe I can get the Ultimate kit and set it lower? Maybe 2"?

4. Nov 21, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....

If you go through Toytec and order a UCA with the Ultimate lift kit, I believe they will give you a bit of a discount on the UCA. Call and ask them if they are still doing that. They were a month or so ago.

5. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:28 AM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    I got a full 3" out of my eibachs/5100s @ .85 with 1/4" spacer on drivers side

6. Nov 23, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brush Prairie
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    I have the eibach kit with bilsteins at .85 and I clear 285's with minor rubbing. Great ride, I love it.

To Top