1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec vs. Procomp

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by reyespoli, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jul 9, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    reyespoli

reyespoli [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD Sport
    I am wanting to lift my 09 DC Tacoma 3", but can't decide on what kit to go with. I see a lot of people with the Toytec kits, but then I saw that Procomp has a 3" with struts, coils AAL's, and shocks. What would run better? Anyone with the Procomp lift kit?

2. Jul 9, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    Toytec will run better ALL DAY LONG. You have a very slim chance of being disappointed with the Toytec kit. The pro-comp is more hit or miss...

but all of that is what I have heard...I ride OME stuff.

3. Jul 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Now Toytec vs ProComp? You really love vs threads.

The Toytec (are you still wanting to get the spacer kit or have you given thought to the Ultimate Lift Kit, which is the better choice cause your doing it right the first time) is a tried and proven kit, where as the ProComp 3" lift is relatively new, so not much info on it. There are a lot us on here wanting to know more. I have even emailed ProComp but got no response. There is only one member on this site that has the new ProComp 3" lift kit Leo858

Like you said in your other vs thread, "price isn't really an issue," so if that's the case shell out the dough and get the Ultimate Lift Kit from Toytec. If ever you have a problem then someone here will be able to help you out pronto! If you go with the ProComp then you'll just be left waiting and wondering WTF!

I said in your other thread if money isn't an issue get LONG TRAVEL!

4. Jul 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    Go FOX or go home.. yeah I can say that now!! :D

5. Jul 9, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    bermise

bermise Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    "if price really isnt a issue" you should go with Icon, Camburg, Fox or Total Chaos parts. You will not be dissapointed.

6. Jul 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM
    krumble

krumble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner trd offroad
    debadged, tinted windows, magnaflow exhaust, afe CAI, 285x75 Nitto Terra Graplers, Engage LT front and rear
    I'm rocking the procomp kit and very happy with it. Do you guys think I should make a thread about it if there are a lot of people curious?

7. Aug 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM
    GEARAHOLIC

GEARAHOLIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    krumble which pro comp kit do you run? I just upgraded to the pro comp stage two coil over kit and should get my truck back tom...

8. Aug 1, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Yes i think you should!

9. Aug 3, 2009 at 12:56 AM
    krumble

krumble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner trd offroad
    debadged, tinted windows, magnaflow exhaust, afe CAI, 285x75 Nitto Terra Graplers, Engage LT front and rear
    I have the basic 3" kit that everyone is finding on the internet for like 300-400 bucks. Just got to find someone who has a toytec kit so I can compare ride qualities

To Top