1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytech Coilover Adjustment

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by JeremyS, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Feb 1, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    JeremyS

JeremyS [OP] Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Magnetic grey DC 4x4
    Toytech Coilovers 3", TC UCA's, AAL, All Pro Bumper (Front + Rear), Pro Comp 7005 Wheels, Duratracs. Alpine PDX Amps, Alpine HU, JL Evolution Speakers, JL 13TW5 Sub. Front Runner Slim Line Roof Rack & Canopy Rack, Leer 100RCC Canopy, Tepui Autana Ruggedized.
    Hey Guys,

Been browsing things here for a while picking up info (and waiting for my truck...), and yesterday finally got around to installing my lift. Toytech adjustable coilovers, TC UCA's, Diff drop, rear AAL.

Everything went fine, we adjusted the coilovers up from the 2.5" stock setting to 3", and once everything was on the truck we measured again and sure enough I had around 3" of lift in the front (driver and pass side, measuring floor to top of fender). Took it for a bit of a test drive to let things settle, and came in and re measured everything and now the front end only has 2" of lift on the driver side and 2.5" lift on the passenger side?
    I"ll see if I can get picture tomorrow when i take my stock wheels off to put my new ones on so you guys can see the threads on the coilover, but I'm not sure whats going on here that I would have LESS lift then what the coilover came set at, especially after we adjusted it up! Just as a side note incase it helps, with stocks tires and wheels, my front end (floor to top of fender opening) is 35" stock on both sides, then when we put the lift on it went up to 38" both sides, then after a quick drive its sitting at 37.5" passenger side and 37" on drivers side.

Any help or ideas is much appreciated!

2. Feb 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Do you have a lot of weight on the drivers side. not you but equipment?
    Is it leaking or anything like that? I doubt it but i just want to make sure

3. Feb 1, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra TRDRW
    Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing
    Driver side lower than passenger side is normal due to the weight of the fuel tank and the driver... :D

can't help ya on the other issue.

4. Feb 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah it's that famous "Taco lean" or whatever they call it. Mine is the same way, it's about 1/4" higher on the passenger side compared to the driver side.

5. Feb 1, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    betz.steven

betz.steven Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Southern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 TE 4Runner
    mine is the same way, but i had heard of the taco lean before hand, so i kinda expected it. i may adjust it to account for it later,but im not sure yet.

6. Feb 1, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    It'll take 300-500 miles for the springs to settle.Mine have come down 1/2" so far.Few more weeks i'll crank it up where i want it.Then get the alignment.:thumbsup:

7. Feb 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    JeremyS

JeremyS [OP] Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Magnetic grey DC 4x4
    Toytech Coilovers 3", TC UCA's, AAL, All Pro Bumper (Front + Rear), Pro Comp 7005 Wheels, Duratracs. Alpine PDX Amps, Alpine HU, JL Evolution Speakers, JL 13TW5 Sub. Front Runner Slim Line Roof Rack & Canopy Rack, Leer 100RCC Canopy, Tepui Autana Ruggedized.
    Don't have any additional weight so I'll assume its just taco lean and adjust it accordingly later on! Thanks guys

To Top