1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS on after new tires....

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tammikm, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sep 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    tammikm

tammikm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    how do i get the tpms light to go out? i tried the reset button, it blinked 3 times but then still comes on, all tires are at 30 psi..??? could the garage screwed up a sensor?

2. Sep 13, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    did you check the spare also? When you start the car does the tire light blink at then go solid or is it solid from the get go?

3. Sep 13, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    after new tires, the dealer should've retrieved data for each sensor location and verified the programming to the ecu. You might have them in different locations now. Like you said , they might have broke one too.

4. Sep 13, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    no need to verify "programming", once they are programed they cannot lose it. Also location does not matter

5. Sep 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    If it blinks for about a minute and then stays on solid this means theres a malfunction in the TPMS system, which most likely means they messed up your sensors. Ive heard the sensors are quite sensitive and messing them up isnt too hard either. I recently had a wheel/tire combo installed at my local garage and they messed up 3/5 sensors. I got them to agree to replace them of no charge. Ill be getting my new ones on this Wednesday

6. Sep 13, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    wasn't sure on tacomas, some cars display the pressure in cab. My base doesn't, not sure if the more loaded tacos do. My tire guy was reprograming the ECU for new sensors i bought for aluminum wheels. Light didn't go out until the truck rolled.

7. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    tammikm

tammikm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    after resetting 3 times, the light finlly went out after I was on my way to the shop....hope it stays out

8. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    HBtacoma

HBtacoma SoCal Tacomas

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    Huntington Beach
    || Deep Black Custom Paint By DUPONT FINISHES w/ Custom Airbrush Artwork || RCD 4.5 Inch Lift Kit || 20x10 Black XD Monster Wheels w/ Toyo MT 33x12.5x20 Tires || SATOSHI Grill || URD TCAI || Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust || Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/ Bluetooth and Ipod || JL Audio 500/1 and 12" Kicker Sub || FJ 60 Toyota Emblem Painted Red || Black Custom Leather Interior w/graphite perforated body w/Red Double Stiching and TRD Logo || Leather Arm Rest Mod || T-REX Angry Eyelids || 20% Tinted Windows || Black Altezza Taillights || BHLM Headlights || LED Dome Light || LED Map Lights || HID 35w 6000k || Yellow Tinted Fogs || Nokya 2500k_55w Fog Lights || Painted Engine Cover || Bed Extender || Epic Indust. Bed Bar w/Fog Lamps Tinted Yellow ||
    what you do to reset it? im also trying to get rid of mine

Products Discussed in

To Top