1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OffroadToy, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    Does anyone know if the psi needs to be within a certain range on all the tires (including the spare when applicable) or can the the system be reset to read different pressures? I thought I read once that the pressures needed to be within a certain range of each other (like 4psi) for the dash light not to trigger. The reason I ask is if I keep my stock spare (265/70/16) and go to load range "E" 265/75/16 tires I've read the correct pressure for the load range "E" is 40psi. Being that my spare is at 32 psi will that be an issue or would I need to over inflate the spare to 40 psi? The spare is the BFG rugged trail and the new tires will be BFG A/T.

2. Oct 12, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    If i recall , when u reset the sensors , they need to be 80% or more of that pressure , lower will cause it to go off. Bottom line if u had front at 32 and rear at 28 it wont care what pressure each tire is as long as its at 80% or more. As long as you have reset to the numbers you mentioned you should be ok.

3. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    travelingman

travelingman What would Scooby do?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07lb4x4DC
    ticking eng.mo,ventvisors,locking tailgate,wheelmasters ss spare tire inflation line,weathertech mats
    What in the world are you buying "E" rated tires for? Way overkill for a Tacoma.

4. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    The BFG A/T 265/75/16 size only come "E" rated.

To Top