1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS swap question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by octacorunner, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mar 20, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    octacorunner

octacorunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB
    t|x pro rims, trd exhaust painted flat black, retrofit hids on oem smoked headlights, weathertech digifits, interior & exterior LEDs, console vault, 20% tint (need to install: eyelids, lower grillcraft, satoshi by homer)
    I just traded my '11 steel rims/tires/tpms for some rims off another '11 taco with the trd trail team rims/tires/tpms. now my tire light is constantly on. is there a way to reset or recalibrate myself, or do i have to go to the dealership?

2. Mar 21, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    romafern

romafern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    stock and very pissed about the issues
    Machine gun mount. Would love to blow the shit out of it since it has nothing but issues. QA at Toyota USA is shit. Start making them in Japan for Christ's Sake!
    I think you have to go to the stealer for this...

3. Mar 21, 2011 at 4:01 AM
    doubletaco

doubletaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    16 Quicksand TRD O/R 4x4
    TRD FJ Wheels, LED Fog lights
    They have to be programed to your truck. There's a way to put your old one's in a capped off PVC tube with a shrader valve installed so you can pressurize the tube.

4. Mar 21, 2011 at 4:13 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yup...Dealership it is. The computer needs to be programmed with the ID numbers for the new sensors.

5. Mar 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    octacorunner

octacorunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB
    t|x pro rims, trd exhaust painted flat black, retrofit hids on oem smoked headlights, weathertech digifits, interior & exterior LEDs, console vault, 20% tint (need to install: eyelids, lower grillcraft, satoshi by homer)
    Anyone have a clue as to how much the stealership is going to steal for me to program these tpms sensors to my car?

6. Mar 21, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Go to tire dealers who do TPMS also. They often do it for less than Toyota.Thery use the same computer/programmers too. If i recall toyota charges $90 or so....in 2008 dollars. I did mine at Les Schwab tires , great service and prices.

7. Mar 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    Jere

Jere Outdoorsman

Member:
    Northern Chester County, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access SR5 4x4 4cyl
    I made the same swap on my 2010, and had the dealer do the code swap for $50 on top of a 15k service. I lived with the light for a couple months, to me it was worth the $$ to turn the stupid light out.

To Top