1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tacoma492, May 7, 2013.

1. May 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    tacoma492

tacoma492 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    -CB Radio -Window tint -Bilsteins 5100s w/OME 885X w/ AAL -sound system -Hid headlights -CSJumper's LED -TRD Intake -Magnaflow Exhaust
    i tried to search for this topic but i couldnt find it so any help is appreciated.

i recently just picked up new wheels and plan to mount them on tomorrow after my lift. My plan is to remove the tpms out of my trd sport rims today and mount them on my new aftermarket rims and drive without the tpms for a day. question is.... would driving without tpms for a day reset/re-code? or would i be fine if i drove for a day until i get my lift and could mount my aftermarket wheels with the original tpms and not need to recode?

2. May 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    You will be fine. The TPMS sensors work off a radio code, if you had you're wheels off you're truck and still in range the computer will still read the sensors programmed to you're truck.

3. May 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    All your tires would actually malfunction and all of a sudden your brakes won't work. Jk, you'll be just fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top