1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Traction control etc vs none

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Crusher, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dec 1, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    Crusher

Crusher [OP] How deep do you think that is?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Greater YYJ
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD nekkid
    Debadged, Blacked out grille emblem, Alum headache rack & bed rails, OME 886 springs, OME Nitro's all around, Dakars, ARB Deluxe bull bar with Warn VR8000, leather front seats
    My 06 DCLB sport has none of these. Just a good old fashioned lsd, which is surprisingly tight for a factory unit with 55K plus miles (my truck was imported from the U.S.).
    My wife's 09 AC TRD has vsc, dont think it has atrac, i dont drive it often.
    What i did notice with her truck is that when we were on a logging road in the Okanagan, i couldnt get the tires to spin for very long.
    I'm a little old school and maybe a little immature for my age but i really like chuckin my truck sideways and laying patches with it. seems you cant have any of this fun with all the atrac/vsc crap.
    but like i said, i'm old school, i only accepted fuel injection when i had my diesel 60 series LC and discovered no burping on extreme slopes.
    Opinions?

2. Dec 1, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    Tookie

Tookie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Port Vincent, LA
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Sport
    On the left side of the dash, there's a switch to turn off
    the VSC - push it and VSC is off, hold it down for a few
    seconds and all traction control is off

3. Dec 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You have to hold the button in for 3-5 seconds to turn off VSC ( although it is not really off , only far less sensitive )

Products Discussed in

To Top