1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trade In Access for DC LB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rcrick263, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Dec 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    I have a DC longbed. The long bed alone is worth it. They fixed the tranny shifting issues with the recent tsb and look up all the issues the manual tranny's are having in the taco's. The sh*t is just not worth it. I have a trd blower and cai on my taco and I drive it hard on a 3" lift kit and after 10k the auto trans is still flawless. You'll use the longbed & dc alot more than you'd appreciate the stick and the locker.

2. Dec 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Weathertech mats; Wet Okole seat covers; Kobalt Lowpro truck box,(sitting in the shed) Snugtop Hi-liner camper shell; AFE Pro Dry air filter, Tailgate Hoseclamp mod; 5100s all around, Light Racing UCAs, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar Leafs, CB Drop, Driveline spacer. Epoxy Satoshi; Redline Hood Struts. 4x Mil Spec. bed D rings; Brute Force Fab custom DCLB Hybrid Sliders, ARB w/ Warn M8000 wench, Diff Breather mod, Alpine Deck w/ ipod cable. Iphone ziptie to rearview mirror 4wd-cam mod!
  3. Dec 4, 2009 at 10:13 PM
    rcrick263

rcrick263 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off Road 6spd
    None
    Thanks for the input everyone!

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow. I think they have a Mag Grey TRD Sport DC LB, that I will test drive. So I may have a new tacoma tomorrow:D

4. Dec 4, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    rcrick263

rcrick263 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off Road 6spd
    None
    Thank You! That make's me feel much better about my decision!

That's funny cuz when I realized that I wanted a DC LB I searched for pictures of them just to get some ideas, and when I came across your truck I instantly said to my self "That's exactly what I want". So if you see a truck just like yours in the next little while please don't cut off my head for copying you.:D

I'm still thinking about the Pyrite color too. Its probably easier to keep clean than the Mag Grey

What lift kit do you have? Toytec Ultimate?

5. Dec 5, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    DC LB Sport owner here, no complaints about the auto tranny, I was a manual guy going into the purchase. Auto is a solid built tranny and shifts pretty damn close to where I'd want it to! While I haven't taken it into any serious muck that would get me stuck, the LSD kicked in for sure when I was buried to the doors in packed snow and had little issue getting out with the stock dunflops.

6. Dec 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM
    baditz

baditz Active Member

Member:
    FBI or From Big Island HI
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 TRD 6spd V6
    Yep they don't make a double cab long bed in manual. If you seen one someone may have did a tranny swap. Did the dash have the auto gears next to the fuel gauge? I was looking for one myself but Toyota never made one, so ended up with the Access Cab Off Road.

7. Dec 5, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    thanks ! Yep its the toytec ultimate lift kit w/ tc uca's. The shifting tsb is out right now only for the '09's and not the '10's yet. But it'll only be a matter of time. If you can look at both the pyrites and the mags and than make your choice. I saw both and the pyrite just popped out at me. Keeping the pyrite clean has been extremely easy. It hides hazing, smudging, and dust. Either way you can't go wrong though. G'luck with your hunt and keep us updated ! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top