1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trade in or keep?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redfox458, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Apr 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM
    Redfox458

Redfox458 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport Access Cab
    So I bought my truck brand new in June of 2007. I have the access cab trd sport in a 6 speed. I do mostly city driving with a random weekend here and there camping, towing a boat, etc. I'm now regretting getting the access cab and a manual tranny. Simply tired of shifting all the time (and having the woman drive it, smelling burning clutch!), and tired of not being able to fit some other people with me. Worth it to trade in my 07 sport on an 09 sport 4 dr auto? :confused:

2. Apr 28, 2009 at 11:33 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Check Edmunds.com & carsdirect.com and see what yours is worth. Also if there are any rebates on 09's. Carsdirect will help you find a truck you want & negotiate for you. I have used them before. It is a FREE service. I looked at getting an 09 DC 2wd sport, back in November. I had a quote of around $25k.

If you want to do the haggling. Then print off the quotes from carsdirect & edmunds and take it with you to the dealers. Carsdirect also has 2 ways of buying a vehicle. Check it out.

I am very happy with my DC. Towing the boat is great! carrying 4 people & stuff, no problem.

3. Apr 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM
    Redfox458

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I love towing just about anything with my truck now, and it does great. I know the DC would do just as nice, just being able to have some other people with me too. Not too long ago I towed a 1971 Duster with TWO engines loaded down with spare parts. Wasn't so sure my "little" truck could pull it...and I was pleasantly surprised!

And I hate to admit it, but I'm scared of wheeling my truck. As much as I'd love to wheel another toyota, I owe too much to beat the crap out of it. Still thinking about trading in the truck for a nice luxury car, and then getting a pre 85 pickup, but then with the economy.....damn! So many decisions, have no clue what to do! :mad:

4. Apr 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM
    genxer36

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Stick with a Tacoma. You will be happier in the long run. My 05 has 115,000 miles & still going strong. Get the 09 DC & in 3 or 4 years when it isn't so new, then do some wheeling. Or look for a fixer upper older Tacoma for wheeling.

5. Apr 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM
    Redfox458

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Is your 05 an automatic? Just curious as to the reliability and quality of the autos, should it even be something to consider?

6. Apr 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM
    genxer36

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Yes it is an automatic. No problems at all with it. I tow an 18' Ranger bass boat.

Products Discussed in

To Top