1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trail Limo suspension suggestions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by G0AT, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Jan 13, 2022 at 5:59 PM
    G0AT

G0AT [OP] Tell me how you really feel

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off-Road DCLB
    I have a 2021 DCLB TRD Off-road, and going to a 255/80/17 on Method 703's (0 offset). Lurked on TW for too long so my eyes have glazed over a little looking and seeing different setups, so looking for some input on what to get, given my goals below.

Oh and here have a picture.

Purpose: DD during the week, Weekend warrior taking on unplowed snowy roads or remote desert trails, to eventually acting as the transport, prerunner, and chase truck for a class 11 baja bug.

General config: Winch and bumper up front, retrax + bed rack in the back, occasionally going to run a RTT.

Goals for suspension: [1] lift the truck, and fit the new taller tire size (for extra ground clearance), [2] improve breakover angle (sure, its a trail limo, but its what I ended up with), and [3] handle desert terrain and washboard roads while hauling lots of gear, and drive nicely when it's around town. I'd like to maximize the travel given the new geometry.

So my questions are, what components do I need to upgrade, and what brands/packages do you recommend? I'm in the buy once, cry once camp, so looking for gear that will serve me well for a long time, but also not trying to buy more gear/performance than I need.

My thoughts are to upgrade the following:
    Front shocks and springs
    Upper Control Arms (increase alignment adjustability for new tire)
    Rear Shocks
    Add-A-Leaf (seems a custom leafpack is the way to go, but I haven't entirely figured out the rear end loadout yet)

Thoughts?

2. Jan 14, 2022 at 9:29 AM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
  3. Jan 14, 2022 at 10:05 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    El Cajon, CA
    If you are looking for the "buy once, cry once" kit, we have it. We've done a lot of work making sure all of the components in our kits work together. No need to piece together your own kit and buy from multiple retailers. We have a killer value that very few can compete with. Take a look at our buyers guide here:
    https://accutuneoffroad.com/which-lift-kit-for-my-tacoma/

Shoot me a message if you have specific questions also, happy to help

Vegasstunts likes this.
  4. Jan 14, 2022 at 10:09 AM
    Slick Taco

Slick Taco Id Rather Be Airborne

Member:
    Lost somewhere in the PNW
    Vehicle:
    Current vehicles: 2019 Rav4 Lunar Rock. 2018 TRD OR DCSB KD Max tuned. 2010 Tundra Limited Crew Max . 1991 4Runner Crawler. Ivan Stewart Edition
    KD Max Tune, King 2.5 coil overs T.C. UCA's, Deaver leafs, 17x9 Black Rhyno Warlords, 33" Toyo M/T's, Metal Tech rear bumper, Westin HDX drop steps with Bullet Liner coating, K&N CAI, Baja Designs fog pods, Rigid Midnight addition 3" pod ditch lights. Cali Raised brackets and 32" behind the grill mounted light bar, Southern Style Offroad Lopro Stage II front bumper, Warn winch, FACTOR 55 Ultra Hook, FACTOR 55 Hawes Fairleed, full debadge, Cosmetic goodies such as 15% carbon tint, matte black in channel rain guards, interior LED's, Teton Workshop shift knob, Inferno vinyl detailing on the interior, Cali Raised multi rocker switch cubby insert with Mc Tuning LED switches and a few other mods I've probably left out.
    Eventual chase vehicle you say? Buy once and cry once and go Kings. By far the best mod I've done to date.

5. Jan 14, 2022 at 5:02 PM
    G0AT

G0AT [OP] Tell me how you really feel

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off-Road DCLB
    Thanks for the responses! Looking at lead times as well -- I can wait a couple months, but not looking to wait 6+ months.

With the custom leaf packs, how tied to your estimated load are you? I this something you can get spec'd assuming running pretty close to GVWR, and just remove a leaf while you're still figuring out your bed loadout?

6. Jan 14, 2022 at 9:24 PM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
    I went with the normal Deaver Stage II and it's damn fine.

7. Jan 17, 2022 at 7:04 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    El Cajon, CA
    Depending on what you are after, our lead times could be as soon as 3 weeks after we get them in queue to revalve. We have a lot of options currently in stock

Vegasstunts likes this.
  8. Jan 17, 2022 at 7:10 AM
    Vegasstunts

Vegasstunts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD sport
    All of them.
    I second whatever @AccuTune Offroad says. I'm running a fox setup from them. The sticker shock sucks but way worth it in the end

AccuTune Offroad likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top