1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trail Toys NSA Switch Panel

Discussion in 'Trail Toys' started by SMKYTXN, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Mar 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM
    JohnNP

JohnNP ForeRunners Future Wife :)~

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport JBL
    As of 11/4/15 1) Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod 2) ND4SPDBP's Fog Light Mod 3) Devil Horn Emblem 4) Weathertech Digital Floor Liners 5) ADD W-1 Vers 2 Baffled Oil Catch Can- constantly surprised at how much oil this thing captures 6) Weatherproof Under the rail LED bedlights Warm White (by Mattgecko) with hidden small cubby switch 7) Sliding Window Security Bar 8) Hood Lighting Kit Warm White /Pro Kit (by BeeRad) 9) Morimoto mini D2S retrofit HID lights w/ 55W ballasts and XB 5000k bulbs from TRS- one of the best modifications I have ever made, blows the stock lights out of the water 10) ImMrYo bracket 11) Scangauge II 12) Autodimming mirror w/ Compass/Temperature/Homelink 13) Bedrug Mat and Tailgate rug. 14) Pop n Lock Power tailgate lock w/ bolt coded to factory key. 15) Map Light w/ Door Mod 16) BakFlip HD Tonneau Cover 17) 35% Front windows ceramic tint - a very good match to factory 19) Gerber machete, because every truck needs a machete 20) Various flashlights, really love my Black Diamond Miner Mole Headlamp 21) AFE Pro Dry drop in filter 22) removed secondary charcoal air filter 23) Back up light Mod- I used the light bulb as found on page 14, 35W from Lowes. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/886-backup-light-mod.209578/page-14 24) Hi-Lift Off Road Recovery Kit- thank you TW Secret Santa 25) Tailgate Seal 26 interior footwell/rear seat dome light controlled LEDS https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/footwell-and-rear-seat-led-light-dome-switched-mod-lots-of-pics.409428/#post-11529460 27) pelfrybilt aluminum front skid 28) morimoto XB fog lights 29) mob town front recovery bar with 2 Smitty bilt D-Rings 30) 48" Extreme Hi-Lift Jacks w/ ATO rail mounts 31) Prinsu rack 32) Rigid D2 Ditch lights 33) 40" Heretic LED bar on Prinsu Rack 34) Kawell x 6 side lights 2 spot and 1 wide per side 35) Rigid SRQ2 x 2 rear facing asshole/backup lights 36) NSA switch panel to 150amp bussman fuse on custom made mount 37) 267/70/17 BFG KO2's in C rating Pending installation 1) Rock Lights Upcoming/Possible Mods 1) Katzkin Leather Seats in black/ice grey (supposedly better factory match for the 2014) w/ Degreeze heater/cooling and TRD stitched into the seat faces thru jhuey - once I get to Arizona will buy them and have him install them 3) Total chaos UCA's 4) Kinda want to get some of the 2016 TRD Sport Rims or the grey TRD wheels the FJ cruiser/4Runners have. 5) BAMF LCA Skids 6) ICON or KING coilover 8) BAMF hidden grill light mounts 9) 20" or 30" LED light by Rigid Industries for behind the Grill. . 10) full leave pack maybe the Deaver 10 leaf set 11) ? Warn m8000 winch- really depends on if I end up doing more off roading 12) Possibly a console vault, not entirely convinced those are as secure as they would have you believe.
    Lookey what I got in the mail!!!!!!

image.jpg

And @Blackout14 ....... I gots your patch....holding hostage :)

Couple questions Nathan.
    1) Which fuse do you use for your block I've been looking at the Bussman 150amp have you found that's enough with a winch?. Is there something different you recommend or use?
    2) I saw a post about instructions that come with this little box of joy but I didn't have any instructions in my box or things on how to reprogram it.
    3. The little led indicator lights. Where do folks normally put that at? Do they run it to the inside or do they keep it under the hood?
    4) what kind of clip Or clamp do you use on the 4g big positive lead?

Blackout14 likes this.
  2. Mar 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    As of 11/4/15 1) Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod 2) ND4SPDBP's Fog Light Mod 3) Devil Horn Emblem 4) Weathertech Digital Floor Liners 5) ADD W-1 Vers 2 Baffled Oil Catch Can- constantly surprised at how much oil this thing captures 6) Weatherproof Under the rail LED bedlights Warm White (by Mattgecko) with hidden small cubby switch 7) Sliding Window Security Bar 8) Hood Lighting Kit Warm White /Pro Kit (by BeeRad) 9) Morimoto mini D2S retrofit HID lights w/ 55W ballasts and XB 5000k bulbs from TRS- one of the best modifications I have ever made, blows the stock lights out of the water 10) ImMrYo bracket 11) Scangauge II 12) Autodimming mirror w/ Compass/Temperature/Homelink 13) Bedrug Mat and Tailgate rug. 14) Pop n Lock Power tailgate lock w/ bolt coded to factory key. 15) Map Light w/ Door Mod 16) BakFlip HD Tonneau Cover 17) 35% Front windows ceramic tint - a very good match to factory 19) Gerber machete, because every truck needs a machete 20) Various flashlights, really love my Black Diamond Miner Mole Headlamp 21) AFE Pro Dry drop in filter 22) removed secondary charcoal air filter 23) Back up light Mod- I used the light bulb as found on page 14, 35W from Lowes. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/886-backup-light-mod.209578/page-14 24) Hi-Lift Off Road Recovery Kit- thank you TW Secret Santa 25) Tailgate Seal 26 interior footwell/rear seat dome light controlled LEDS https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/footwell-and-rear-seat-led-light-dome-switched-mod-lots-of-pics.409428/#post-11529460 27) pelfrybilt aluminum front skid 28) morimoto XB fog lights 29) mob town front recovery bar with 2 Smitty bilt D-Rings 30) 48" Extreme Hi-Lift Jacks w/ ATO rail mounts 31) Prinsu rack 32) Rigid D2 Ditch lights 33) 40" Heretic LED bar on Prinsu Rack 34) Kawell x 6 side lights 2 spot and 1 wide per side 35) Rigid SRQ2 x 2 rear facing asshole/backup lights 36) NSA switch panel to 150amp bussman fuse on custom made mount 37) 267/70/17 BFG KO2's in C rating Pending installation 1) Rock Lights Upcoming/Possible Mods 1) Katzkin Leather Seats in black/ice grey (supposedly better factory match for the 2014) w/ Degreeze heater/cooling and TRD stitched into the seat faces thru jhuey - once I get to Arizona will buy them and have him install them 3) Total chaos UCA's 4) Kinda want to get some of the 2016 TRD Sport Rims or the grey TRD wheels the FJ cruiser/4Runners have. 5) BAMF LCA Skids 6) ICON or KING coilover 8) BAMF hidden grill light mounts 9) 20" or 30" LED light by Rigid Industries for behind the Grill. . 10) full leave pack maybe the Deaver 10 leaf set 11) ? Warn m8000 winch- really depends on if I end up doing more off roading 12) Possibly a console vault, not entirely convinced those are as secure as they would have you believe.
    Ohhh and thanks a bunch for the pink trail toys sticker and the coozie!!!!! It is already up on the fridge ready to go :)

Blackout14 likes this.
  3. Mar 19, 2016 at 5:58 PM
    SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN [OP] If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    I'm out at Katemcy this weekend John, so no pics with the post. I use a blue sea switchable circuit breaker rated for 150 amps.

You're hooking up to the solenoid on the winch, so it's a low amp draw.

You'll want an enclosed 4ga ring terminal, more like three, for the power wire.

I'll answer more questions tomorrow when I get home.

JohnNP and Blackout14 like this.
  4. Mar 28, 2016 at 8:33 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:

So about those answers HAHA

And do you have the written instruction sheet that it said it comes with? Mine came with no instructions.

5. Mar 28, 2016 at 8:36 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    He sent me stuff.....I sent him patch and scorpion. :)

6. Mar 28, 2016 at 8:37 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Couple questions Nathan.
    1) Which fuse do you use for your block I've been looking at the Bussman 150amp have you found that's enough with a winch?. Is there something different you recommend or use?

I used the blue sea switchable 150 amp circuit breaker. Again, it's a low amp draw powering the solenoid.

2) I saw a post about instructions that come with this little box of joy but I didn't have any instructions in my box or things on how to reprogram it.

I've yet to send out a set of instructions, so not sure where you saw that info. The info to reprogram it is on the page for the NSA. I made a video explaining how to do it. I already set your box up on setting 7, so you should be good to go.

3. The little led indicator lights. Where do folks normally put that at? Do they run it to the inside or do they keep it under the hood?

I don't even have one on my box yet. Once of these days I'll retrofit my NSA with the indicator. Definitely run it inside. If you're not going to run it inside then leave it off completely.

4) what kind of clip Or clamp do you use on the 4g big positive lead?

You'll want 4gauge enclosed ring terminals.

Blackout14 likes this.
  7. Mar 28, 2016 at 9:03 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:

What do you mean by the video on how to change the settings is on the page for the NSA. I didn't see it on the first page here in the thread and I didn't see it on the page on your website under the NSA panel. Link please sir.

8. Mar 28, 2016 at 9:05 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    I knew I saw something about instructions are included in the box. This was post #60 in this thread.

9. Mar 29, 2016 at 4:34 AM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHErcxlIFjg

greeneggsnspam likes this.
  10. May 6, 2016 at 7:14 AM
    HerT4R

HerT4R Nomadic

Member:
    First Name:
    Her
    Bless the rains
    Vehicle:
    2 legs or 2 wheels
    '10 4RUNNER TE (SOLD)
    i am completing this mounting method this weekend! This is awesome!!! probably would have had it mounted up sooner if i had found this method sooner!!! Thanks!

greeneggsnspam and Blackout14 like this.
  11. May 6, 2016 at 7:37 AM
    greeneggsnspam

greeneggsnspam ಠ_ಠ

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    .gif
    Too poor to list anything interesting.
    Good luck!

Blackout14 likes this.
  12. May 7, 2016 at 9:02 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah it works really well. I love my bracket from Joe, and then as he mentioned I added risers all epoxied together so that it would clear the fuse box otherwise the power wires were running into it. I really love my NSA box, and have all my lights on my rack set up with it. Its just wonderful! Let me see if I can find my photos of what I did with my box. I attached it with that 10lb Velcro.....I tell you what that shit isn't moving....EVER.

Blackout14 and SMKYTXN[OP] like this.
  13. May 7, 2016 at 9:13 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    Crap......TW is screwing up with uploading photos....been having problems for a few days actually. Damn it...I keep trying I have like 9 photos of what I did. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It looks ugly from underneath but I don't care it works so nicely.

SMKYTXN[OP] and Blackout14 like this.
  14. May 7, 2016 at 10:18 PM
    JohnNP

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    Negative Bus that I got on Amazon....Rivited it into place.

IMG_7075.jpg

Letting the Epoxy Cure on the steel shims I used to elevate the T piece
    IMG_6935.jpg

Cut a Piece of the T shaped bracket and epoxied it to the bottom of the inline Fuse so that I could more easily put Velcro on it.
    IMG_6991.jpg
    \
    Theres the Velco on the T piece that I cut to fit into the spot
    IMG_6946.jpg

What it looks like all set up. You can see why I used that T shaped Bracket and the wires all come up above the Fuse Box. Everything is velcro'd down that shit is NOT moving. It takes 10lbs of force per 2"s and I have 4 of those suckers down there. I can get to my fuse box very easily.
    IMG_6997.jpg

The Finished Bracket all cured and ready to go into the truck. As I said it's not pretty.....but damn it works so nicely.
    IMG_6941.jpg

You can see the Buildup here that I used
    IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

RNJNKE likes this.
  15. May 8, 2016 at 5:02 AM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    I'm happy you're enjoying your NSA John. And the velcro trick works just fine. I've had mine secured with velcro from day one, no problems whatsoever.

16. May 9, 2016 at 9:49 AM
    frizbal

frizbal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Road
    Nathan, you end up finishing your install of your LEDs? I got everything wired up and checked, but haven't drilled a hole in the box yet for my retrofit of the LED indicator.

What drill bit size did you use?

17. May 9, 2016 at 10:35 AM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    I cheated and used a box that had already been drilled. Just match the OD of the threads on the fitting and you'll be good.

Blackout14 likes this.
  18. May 21, 2016 at 4:50 PM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    NSA panel order placed! Excited to have trail toys as part of the build.

19. May 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    And just got my shipping confirmation email. F Yea!

20. May 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Thanks again for the order Kase. You should have your NSA either Tuesday or Wednesday. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top