1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trails in NY

Discussion in 'North East' started by mike.carpenter, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mar 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    mike.carpenter

mike.carpenter [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    orange county ny
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma trd sport
    general grabber at2
    Hey anyone know where there are some good trails to go off roading in orange county ny? thanks guys

2. Mar 8, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I know of a couple spots that are private only because I know the owners. Other than that its the states land.

3. Apr 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Not specific to Orange county. I live in Albany county and can find seasonal or unimproved roads on a county specific map.

There is a a map company around here called J-mapco. They have pretty detailed county maps. Get one (convince store or book store should have) and look for road that are seasonal / dirt / unimproved.

Roads are free so no worry about trespassing. Some unimproved raods are pretty rough (and fun!).

4. Apr 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    SR54x4

SR54x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SR5 Tundra
    Magnaflow 12588, TSC lo-pro extra deep toolbox, step bars and bull bar
    i live on the other side of the river from you in dutchess county. if you find anything let me know because i know of nothing around here that is legal to wheel on.

check in the nj tacos thread (in the North East regional board) because that group goes down to a place called Stokes in NJ once or twice a month. its about an hour away (maybe a little less for you depending on where you are in orange county). all really great guys, i have wheeled with them twice at Stokes.

also, check this thread out, a bunch of us are going to Rausch Creek for camping/wheeling this weekend. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-east/143276-rausch-creek-meet-april-9-10th.html

sorry i dont know any local spots for you/us, but at least these are some opportunities to get out and wheel with some other Tacos.

5. Apr 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    Paseo12

Paseo12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bufflalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    White 03 SR5 TRD off road
    Stock for a little longer
    I have been looking for a place to off-road at in NY for over a yr and I have yet to find anything.

Like SR54X4 said, there is a meet this weekend with over six other TW members and there Tacomas at Rausch Creek. I went last year and had a blast and am looking forward to this weekend!

Products Discussed in

To Top