1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trans Reprogramming and TRD Superchrgr?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 05SuperChrg, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    05SuperChrg

05SuperChrg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Air Filter,Rancho 9000's, Old Man,Fumoto Oil Drain Valve,Kenwood Sub, Sony HU,Wet Okole, debadged,satoshi,Slee Sliders
    Hello Taco World-

I recently purchased a used 05 Taco (17k miles, AT) with TRD Supercharger and Extended Warranty-

I notice that when coasting to a stop the transmission seems to suddenly downshift-hard. Is this normal? On upshifting the trans tends to slip- Is this normal?

When putting in a factory Supercharger does the stealership reprogram the trans? This is my 1st Toy, after owning Acura, Lexus and Honda and I am not used to this kind of problem since working for GM...Obiwan please send help!

2. Mar 31, 2010 at 3:57 AM
    Endurozw

Endurozw War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    I'll be honest I just had the TSB in hand...told them that when I was coasting around corners it would downshift hard into first and then have a delayed shift back into second. The guy said alright we'll go ahead and reflash it.......and the change is amazing. I can really tell a difference, the weird shifting was driving me nuts in parking lots.

3. Apr 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    05SuperChrg

05SuperChrg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Air Filter,Rancho 9000's, Old Man,Fumoto Oil Drain Valve,Kenwood Sub, Sony HU,Wet Okole, debadged,satoshi,Slee Sliders
    Is there a specific TSB for the 2005's? The one that I have seen posted is for the 09's?

Thanks for the response and assistance

To Top