1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trans shifting!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by vegan912, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    vegan912

vegan912 [OP] Member

Member:
    Memphis 10
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Does anyone's trans seem like it down shifts to low if you are turning a corner,it does not do it driving straight.I thought this was weired so I called the dealer and they told me that if I had the didn't have the differential button pushed in that it probably was trying to put power to the other wheel.Well I have tried it either way and it still does it,a couple of weeks ago I notice trans fluid in the drive way so I take it to the dealer and they tell me I have a leaky drive shaft.They put a new one on and top off all the fluids and tell me that shouldnt happen anymore but it still does!!!!!!!!!!!!Any ideas???:eek:

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Before everyone jumps you, do a search on transmission shifting, or just start going back through the pages of threads. Its a common thing, heavily talked about. the more you search and read the more you'll find out.
    Mine did the same thing but here 8000 miles later it seems to be working fine, dealer states the computer has to learn your driving style.

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    vegan912

vegan912 [OP] Member

Member:
    Memphis 10
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Thanks I will!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top