1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transaxle angle and the factory warranty??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by texred73, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Apr 24, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    texred73

texred73 [OP] Trailrunner07dsm

Member:
    First Name:
    brian
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC DSM TRD Offroad
    Only the maglight mod,mounted on floor drivers side, billet antenna and have lined all storage under rear seats with rubber to keep the rattling to a minimum.
    :cool:Talked to the warranty people at Toyota and was told that if the angle of the driveshaft is altered it voids the warraty. Well as far as any repairs go that are related to that part.
    My delima is that I want to put 3-4" under my baby fo tires and mainly clearance. Is there any way to achieve my desired lift w/o altering the angle of the driveshaft. I've been told that a 3" ready lift/level kit w/the drop spindles will keep the factory angle ie. saving my warranty. I've seen these up close and it doesn't seem to lift the truck as much as it does level it. I was wondering if I could combine the ready lift, billy 5100's and the aal to get a better profile as well as more clearance? Any input wil be appreciated. Thx ahead of time.

2. Apr 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    It wouldn't void your vehicle warranty. It will only affect the warranty on that specific part and any damage that specifically applies to that part. So, for example, it wouldn't affect a rear differential fluid leak problem.

3. Apr 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Yea don't worry about that, whoever told you that is full of it.

I toasted a transmission while lifted 3'' (CO's up front and a leaf pack in the rear) and they covered it under factory warranty. The truck still had sand packed all in the undercarriage when I brought it in, too.

4. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    Anything affected by the change could be voided; U-joints, T-case output flanges, cracks in cases, and yes even a pinion leak. It can all be caused by added torsional / lateral stresses. Now, a good dealer would cover anything once, maybe more.

5. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    texred73

texred73 [OP] Trailrunner07dsm

Member:
    First Name:
    brian
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC DSM TRD Offroad
    Only the maglight mod,mounted on floor drivers side, billet antenna and have lined all storage under rear seats with rubber to keep the rattling to a minimum.
    Well then is there a way to do the ready lift/level kit and still use the 5100's and an aal? I want some hight but the $$ for a full susp. lift is unlikely now.

Products Discussed in

To Top