1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transfer case leaking

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 05SuperChrg, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Dec 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    05SuperChrg

05SuperChrg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Air Filter,Rancho 9000's, Old Man,Fumoto Oil Drain Valve,Kenwood Sub, Sony HU,Wet Okole, debadged,satoshi,Slee Sliders
    All

I have an extended warranty and am about to take my 05 with 23k miles ( I am the 2nd owner) to deal with the transfer case seal. It looks like it is the front seal leaking. The question is will the dealer claim the lift is what is causing this? It seems they like to blame whatever they can to avoid a warranty claim.

Any suggestions before I go to battle?

Thanks

2. Dec 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    PPower05

PPower05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Perry
    Ranson, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5
    I would first take it to the dealer and see what they say... Most of the time, they simply try to reslove the problem before they have a bigger/more expensive problem on their hands.... If they try to pull the lift is the issue, the burden lies on you to show them that you know the design of the vehicle and a you aren't going to be punked into their gimmicks.... With that being said, remember that going in nice will get you way beyond going in like a dick.:D

3. Dec 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    05SuperChrg

05SuperChrg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Air Filter,Rancho 9000's, Old Man,Fumoto Oil Drain Valve,Kenwood Sub, Sony HU,Wet Okole, debadged,satoshi,Slee Sliders
    Well considering I worked for a dealership for several years and having dealt with arrogant dicks I think I am quite reasonable if not over polite. :)

Work is underway but Toyota still left the door open for denying the claim although unlikely. Not sure to what extent the leak is but it is not only the front seal. Hopefully the work will be done tomorrow.

To Top