1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transfer case output shaft bearing is dead...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Metallikatz3, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR (on the way)
    So i've been trying to diagnose a vibration for a few weeks. I went to a 4x4 shop today for an alignment and to see if they had any thoughts.

Turns out that output shaft bearing on my transfer case needs to be replaced. It is also leaking a little bit of fluid too. So I'm going to the dealer on Monday and hopefully they will cover it under my extended warrenty. I'm. Only at 90k miles and I've got another 20k or so before my warranty is up

Anyone else had to have this replaced? and was it warrenty

2. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    ShadowFalken

ShadowFalken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    10 Off Road
    Raptor stainless bars, Wet Okole covers, RollBak bed cover, PopNLock, Redline hood struts, XM radio factory kit
    So this truck is lifted and you were running a driveshaft other than stock? Was that driveshaft balanced? What was the change in drive angle for the shaft? No pictures. No mileage. What are you after? Ammunition?

You know, I am all for modding trucks and having fun, but...............If you want to be the engineer, you gotta write the warranty too.

I know this post will not win me a popularity contest, but I just do not get it. Sorry. Perhaps more information will change my mind.

3. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    ywen

ywen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tru dat.. this is shady as hell..

To Top