1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission Problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Oct 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    So I am a Fan of Preventative maintenance and I have seen the results of waiting to long to service your automatic Transmission. I fully wanted to do a transmission Flush at the 30k mark but was running running low on funds so I was delayed by 10K. I Brought the Truck in the other day to get the transmission Flushed and After I got it back I Started noticing some issues. Coasting around corners and reapplying the gas causes the engine to rev and then slam into gear. The Same thing happens at speed Bumps. Did I really wait to long to have the transmission flushed.

2. Oct 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    beaver_scott

beaver_scott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    renton, wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 inferno trd pro
    vent shades, tinted windows, clear bra, pop n lock tail gate lock, anytime fog light mod.
    i heard a fluid change is originally planned at 100k but then changed to 60k miles. if that problem just started after you got the fluid changed i'd make sure you have enough fluid and/or that it is the right type of tranny fluid. both of those can cause the symptoms you are experiencing.

3. Oct 25, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    I noticed a simiilar issue when i had my transmission flushed at 25k while I was having my supercharger installed...It acted funny for like 500 miles. even brought it back to have them check the fluid level and it was correct. I can only assume that there was air in there somewhere from the flush and it finally worked its way out as I've put another 5k on the truck since then with no issues. I'd say give it a little time before you panic...

BTW the fluid was not looking good at 25k...I can only imagine how bad it would be if I'd waited till 60k or 100k...

4. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    A_Ninja_Racer

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I took the truck back up to the Deal today and they claim they have solved the problem by changing something in the computer. I'm very interested to see if this solves the problem.

5. Oct 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    Classic low fluid level issue.

6. Oct 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Well They Said all they did was go in and rest the shift points in the computer and so far that seems to have fixed it. CtTaco This Kind of sounds like the same problem you might have been having because I'm sure it is a slow process for the computer to modify its shifting habits so it took a few hundred miles to get everything shifting smoothly again. I'm so much more relieved to know that it was a simple fix and not a issue with the transmission itself. No I have to replace the rear dif Fluid.

To Top