1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission slips or hunts on turns

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lininsd, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Jul 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    lininsd

lininsd [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma dbl cab SR5
    Everytime I slow down to turn right, there seems to be no engagement, like it's searching for a gear on my 5 speed auto tran. on my 2010 SR5 double cab. coming out of the turn everything goes back to normal and the tranny works great. On an older vehicle I would guess that the fluid was low, but I think this has a sealed transmission, and ther's no way to check the level. Any ideas, I'm waiting until my 5k maint. to go to the dealer, I only have 2500miles right now.

2. Jul 30, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  3. Jul 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  4. Jul 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    lininsd

lininsd [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma dbl cab SR5
    Thanks, I'll show it to the dealer, I just didn't want to go in there knowing nothing!

5. Jul 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
  6. Jul 30, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Had similar issue on my 2010 Tacoma. Took it into the dealer and explained the lag when slowing for corners and then getting back on the gas.
    Had the copy of the TSB just in case they tried to tell me my transmission was learning my driving habits (this I heard from others on the site). They set me up with an appointment and took about an hour to hook it up to computer and run new program. Left there with a smile on my face and a trans that did not hunt for another gear or lag when slowing around corners.
    Be sure to read the TSB and use the words used to describe the issue. The dealership should get you taken care of. good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top