1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission ?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 1999tacotrd, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Aug 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM

1999tacotrd [OP] 1999 Taco TRD xtracab 3.4 V6 4x4

Apr 19, 2009
    Hi i think my transmission is on its way out again :mad: Cause its shifting hard into drive and Reverse when its cold and now im starting to here a whineing sound when i drive it. So im going to plan ahead and buy yet another transmission for this truck and i know a guy who has a working 1997 4x4 4 runner and im wondering if there the same transmissions? i know the motors the same so u would think the tranmssions would be but i want to make sure first. Also is there a way to test the dam things before spending hours and bustknuckles installing them only to find out there POS ? The one i got know im going to drive it till it dies then swap it out with another and i know this is the last time i ever buy a a/t tranny seems i have nothing but problems with auto's
  2. Aug 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM

tacoma-king Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    sault ste. marie Michigan
    1997 Tacoma
    I think that it would be the same but i my self are not 100% sure

But if you are tiered of auto's you can all ways buy a stick shift and also buy a computer out of a stick sift truck and covert your truck
To Top