1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transporting a Potato Gun?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Veccster, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Sep 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Put a potato in there and report back on the firing distance!

2. Sep 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I have seen some pretty unique potato guns on youtube. The copper piping compressed air ones look cool too. Dang I wish I woulda taken a pic of mine.

3. Sep 1, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    :rofl::rofl:

4. Sep 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    :eek:

:rofl:

5. Sep 2, 2009 at 4:30 AM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    Chiming in from WV here...Dont speed through the state and you wont get pulled over and you wont have anything to worry about...

Only thing I would be worried about is the noise it makes at the beach. We built one in college and fired it out the front door of our house at a street light across the road one night. Fire shot out the end of that thing about 3 feet, and it sounded like a damn 50 cal going off...Echoed down the valley for about 45 seconds. 10 mins later, 3 cops started patrolling the area. Stopped and asked us questions about ppl shooting guns that night and everything.

Dont know how far this thing shot, but we could aim it out our back door and it would clear the mountain behind our house. I'll try and find some pics when I get home...Im sure i still have them. All PVC, BBQ grill ignite, 2 foot long - 4 in pvc for the combustion chamber, 1 1/2" 6 foot long barrel, 4" to 1 1/2 reducer, put a screw in cap on the end. pretty sweet...Cheap hair spray always worked the best...

We cut off 2 in of the barrel one night and filled it full of water and put that part in the freezer with a 16 penny nail sticking out of the water. once it froze, you had a solid piece of ice with a nail sticking out about an 1" or so. Put that in there and shot it at a tree. Buried the nail almost 3/4" into solid OAK, from a distance of about 4 feet...

Anyways, No trouble carrying it to the beach as long as you dont get pulled over for being stupid, but i would think you will have problems shooting it out into the ocean. Just because of how loud it is.

Products Discussed in

To Top