1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

traveling cross country and p0351 code came up

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by seksilumpia, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    does anyone know what it is exactly?id try and look it up myself but im getting poor or no connection..thanks for any help or suggestions,i drove from gulfport Ms. to El paso Tx today and im worried if im doing futher damage

2. Oct 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    P0351 Ignition Coil "A" Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

I'd reset your ECU and see if it comes back.

3. Oct 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Just a quick google search shows that code to mean there is a problem with the number one cylinder ignition coil.

If it runs okay and does not miss, I would pull the negative battery cable for a couple minutes to reset the computer and keep driving it. I did that on a Jeep with the same type of trouble code and it never did come back.

If it is missing, then you can damage the catalytic converters and possibly the engine itself. If you are noticing any significant lack of power, stumbling, shaking, etc, then it needs to be dealt with asap.

4. Oct 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    There is also this... not sure what it means.

"MIL "ON" DTC P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, P0356 (T-SB-0047-10)

Some 2008 – 2010 model year vehicles equipped with 2GR-FE engines may exhibit a MIL “ON” condition with Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, or P0356 (Ignition Coil Primary/Secondary Circuit) stored in the Engine Control Module/ECM (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module/PCM)."

http://www.autoproimportrepair.com/technical_service_bulletin_index.htm

Says there is a TSB about it :notsure:

5. Oct 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    Thanks Tacoma family..I reset the light and it did come back on within 40 miles..I'm going to switch out the ignition coil when we stop for the night..I'll look at all of the coils but for quick reference, primary coil on 6cyl 07 camry is front passenger side,right?

6. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I believe that's correct.

But you should read that TSB above. If it's still running good, might just be a ghost in the computer.

Products Discussed in

To Top