1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD FJ Team Trail Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by RI Tacoma, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    The reason they do that is to protect the investment of FJ owners that payed for the Trail Team or Special Edition Package. I am not sure how much more it costs, but I am sure it isn't cheap.

2. Jan 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    bizjettech

bizjettech Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    I totally agree.......this is BS on Toyota's part. They need to take a lesson from GM and Mopar. They could be making a ton of money selling these wheels. Make the consumer happy, if the demand is there sell them. There seems to be people out there that have beat the system. I know of a guy that is selling his forth set of SE anthracite wheels at $1600 per set in the last two months.......how is he getting them? I bet he gets them for $150 per wheel........this is amazing!
    YES.....I want a set.....LOL :D

3. Jan 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Do you know that for a fact? Because than I would think the average FJ owner would not be able to get them that don't have that package. Still think its lame.

Me too!

4. Jan 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    canyonchaser

canyonchaser Member Known Well

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    LR TRD PRO MT
    Not really. Not only do you have to prove you have the appropriate FJ Cruiser, but the wheels have been discontinued due to "quality" issues, so they are only releasing them as replacements, making them as rare as hen's teeth. I called and talked to about 15 dealerships across the country trying to get a set of silver, anthracite or black. None of the three colors are available any more.

I sought long and hard for my set and had to pay a bit more than MSRP, but I'm still very happy with the purchase. I think they look outstanding on the truck and it's nice to have an OEM wheel with the proper offsets and such.

[​IMG]

dp

Products Discussed in

To Top