1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trd package

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by doctor brevic, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jun 28, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    doctor brevic

doctor brevic [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adolf
    blue mountains
    Vehicle:
    2.7 4x4 tacoma
    Nothing but a K&N filter
    Can I get a 2011-2012 2.7l extended cab with the 5 speed manual and TRD with SR5? I'm hearing they're only available in the v6 which I don't much care for.

2. Jun 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    PaintDrinkingPete

PaintDrinkingPete Well-Known Member

Member:
    NoVA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    I believe you can find all your answers here:

http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/options.html

It doesn't appear the TRD packages are available in the 4 cylinder access cab 5speed.

Personally, as someone who has owned toyota trucks in both V6 and 4banger, I have to go on record and recommend the V6, unless gas mileage is important to you (and it very well may be). My view may be tainted however, as my experience with the 4 cylinder was when I lived in WV, and had to constantly struggle to get it climb hills at highway speed.

As I read it, the OP is asking for TRD and SR5, correct? Technically, all TRD packages include the SR5 options (even though the new 2012s have dropped the SR5 badging from the TRD trucks). Again, don't think you'll find that in a 2.7L Access Cab, or any cab config for that matter.

3. Sep 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    doctor brevic

doctor brevic [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adolf
    blue mountains
    Vehicle:
    2.7 4x4 tacoma
    Nothing but a K&N filter
    Yep, I think you guys are right. Gas mileage is semi important to me but mainly I just really prefer an inline engine whenever at all possible. I ended up getting a 2012 access cab(suicide rear doors) with the sr5 package but no trd. 4x4 2.7l 5 speed manual. I love it! the only thing I would change is the comically huge gap between 1st and 2nd, but I tell ya what, I am very pleased with the truck as a whole. Honesty can't think of any other vehicle I'd rather own

Products Discussed in

To Top