1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD PRO Inferno on Lot

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AlblineStar, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Dec 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    AlblineStar

AlblineStar [OP] Toy_builder

Member:
    SinCity
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4
    TRD S/C, Doug Thorley Long Tubes, DeatschWerks Fuel Pump, URD 02 simulator, TRD Catback, RCD Lift w/ 33s
    If anyone is interested this is still sitting at my local dealership, jus got back from the auto show so not many know about it. Hitup my boy John Estrella 702-426-5028 he got me a great deal on my Pro Runner and I'm sure he can swing a good one on this if its still there. It definitely doesnt have the tow package w/ alternator etc. Jus tell him Shaun with the pro runner sent you and hell know to take care of you

IMG_2819_zps9658d021_20a182c6696bc137bfc7d50dfa8fcb1e770b85a1.jpg

2. Dec 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    BeBeep

BeBeep Still Plays With Cars, Trucks, Bikes & Guns

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    NRH, TX
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport PreRunner
    TRD Exhaust, Gentex Mirror w/ Homelink, Autodim, Temp & Compass, Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, Toyota Bedmat, Underhood LED Lighting Toytec Ultimate 3" lift w/3 Leaf Progressive Rear Springs (overload spring removed), Hypertech Speedo Calibrator
    I really love that color.

3. Dec 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    smithr1730

smithr1730 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '15 TX Pro
    Offroad parts and such
    If only I had the $$$$$$ :(

4. Dec 3, 2014 at 5:45 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,

+1

5. Dec 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    Chuck Wagon

Chuck Wagon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grass Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road, Double Cab
    Nice, just how I would get mine. Enjoy in good health.

6. Dec 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    I'm not a fan of that color..... that's right I said it.

Everything else I like.... minus the price :D

7. Dec 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    I don't really see the attraction to these trucks?:crapstorm: I don't knock anybody who has one i just don't see why spend the extra money for it. Besides visual mods are there any performance mods that you can't get w/o just getting a trd off road?

8. Dec 4, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC

:deadhorse:

Lets not start another one of these debates. Do a search.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  9. Dec 4, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    BCBUD

BCBUD Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TRD Sport
    In Canada we don't get the option of buying one. There are more TRD's here than you can imagine yet no avability of some of the more interesting ones and even if available the Canadian dealers get little order allotment. Also the cost of bringing in after market parts with duty and usurious shipping costs take the fun out of modding.
    I will now step off my soap box at least knowing my health insurance will cover when I do a header.

10. Dec 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    jmaack

jmaack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Helena Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Skewped hood silver 4runner
    Ome, Sqeak free dakars, arms, skids, sliders.
    ^ funny funny.

11. Dec 4, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    Cmurder

Cmurder 2011 TX TRD Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    B.C.
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD Offroad
    nothing cool
    Love the color and the truck. But theres just no way i could have a orange truck. But i would love the white or black edition.

12. Dec 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    RKCRUZA

RKCRUZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Placerville, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro in the Garage!

Other than a better suspension and the TRD Exhaust, they are the same truck performance wise so I guess you could by a TRD OR and add the suspension and exhaust and be on a par performance wise with a Pro...you could even go "one up" on the suspension and have better performance. I was looking at a standard TRD OR but would have changed the wheels & tires, added the homelink mirror, and most likely changed the rear shocks (cheap way to gain an inch of travel). By the time I added up the changes I would make I was real close to the price of a Pro. So for the $$$ I get the Grill, the color, and the misc. add on's that I don't have to turn a wrench to get installed.....for me it is worth it, for some it isn't. As with most things in life, it is a matter of choice. Other than Baja type stuff she won't see much off road use so for me it was a good choice. I'm lucky in that if I want to do serious off roading I have an FJ40 rock crawler to play with. I guess that is one of the perks of getting older....the $$$$ mean less and you have the option to buy what you want vs what you can fit in the budget. There are lots of high dollar trucks showcased on this site....some of them I really like, some of them I would question why the owner did what they did and I think they look like crap....no reason to trash talk the owner / builder, they built or bought what they wanted and they are happy with it and proud of it. In the end it is simply a matter of the person who bought / owns the vehicle being happy with it...if they are, all is good regardless of whether others like it or not ...nuff said.

chicali13 likes this.
  13. Dec 5, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    RKCRUZA

RKCRUZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Placerville, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro in the Garage!

Didn't think I would ever buy an "Orange" vehicle either....until I saw it in person...pictures do not do the color justice! It is simply stunning in person....one of those "grows on you" colors. I was originally going to get a white one until I saw the Inferno in person.....it is actually a really nice color.

Here is a pretty good shot of what the color looks like in daylight.

2015-toyota-tacoma-trd-pro-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  14. Dec 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM
    bludweiaer

bludweiaer Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2017 Pro DBL Cab,,2020 F3L Spyder...Polaris 800..
    avs rain guards,,,tyger auto tubesteps... stealth SR8's.265/70/17,ridge grapplers..shiftsense pro...
    i traded my 2014 trd OR for my Black pro, the offroad, the box was not on frame right, seats rattled, had a bad wind noise like a window was open, springs were really squeaky, made all kinds of noises when you shut it off, vibration in steering wheel and gas petal, bolts already rusting when i looked under the truck. i know there was more things wrong with it, i wanted my 2001 trd offroad back that i traded in on it,,lol.. so i kept it for 8 months and got rid of it,, you can tell the pro was made with more care, even looks like its undercoated, no noises, inside quiet as can be, its just a better made truck than the rest, looks like alot more care was taken when it was made,, i cant find anything i dont like about my PRO.. its a awesome truck..

15. Dec 6, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    I also would never want an orange truck. But I also would never own black or white because they are way too hard to keep clean, and look way too bad when they are dirty.

That being said, I used to not like red trucks, until I saw a few Barcelona Sports in person. Now I'm in love and wouldn't want any other color.

16. Dec 6, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    bludweiaer

bludweiaer Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2017 Pro DBL Cab,,2020 F3L Spyder...Polaris 800..
    avs rain guards,,,tyger auto tubesteps... stealth SR8's.265/70/17,ridge grapplers..shiftsense pro...
    my black PRO looks mean when its dirty, if you want a clean truck keep in in the garage,,lol..

17. Jan 29, 2015 at 11:36 AM
    txwolf

txwolf Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Shore MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro DC
    I am actually looking for an Inferno Tacoma Trd Pro but live in MA

18. Jan 29, 2015 at 3:34 PM
    jcman01

jcman01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Buck
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2015 Offroad, 6-manual, Blue Ribbon Metallic
    How much are these? Not crazy about the burnt orange. There was a Pro Tundra on the lot near me. It was pretty bad-ass.

19. Jan 29, 2015 at 4:03 PM
    DiggerRon

DiggerRon Digger

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    USA Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC 4x4 Tacoma
    Cut 4'' from front mud flaps, Applied Fluid Film to frame for rust preventative,
    Orange I got a Burnt Orange 1972 Buick GS Alum wheels very sharp. This was Hot. I think the new Orange is brighter now. A ticket getter.

20. Jan 29, 2015 at 4:08 PM
    ZachMX

ZachMX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 AC, 08 DCSB, 11 AC,15 DCLB, 16 DCLB,17 DCSB
    You have to be kidding yourself if you think your pro was made with anymore care than another truck on the line, you should watch how they are assembled, its like any of the other trucks, just different build sheet/options along the line, yours was on the same line as everyone else's, just different parts bin following it down the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBhAqzXXJ5E

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top