1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trd skid plate install help needed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by socal trd, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sep 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    socal trd

socal trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    frank
    SOCAL SGV
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd off road lifted
    9.5'Headrest TV's ,09 led tail lights, 2011 sport grill, matching sport bumper , eyelids, Billsteins 5100's all around.de-badged,wicked flow,camburg uca's
    so I picked up a used trd skid plate today, from the looks of it I was thinking I knew how to install but now that I have it I really don't get it. Any help and picks would help thanks.

2. Sep 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    pics of what it looks like would help! then we can see brackets and tell you how it mounts and such

3. Sep 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    socal trd

Member:
    First Name:
    frank
    SOCAL SGV
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd off road lifted
    9.5'Headrest TV's ,09 led tail lights, 2011 sport grill, matching sport bumper , eyelids, Billsteins 5100's all around.de-badged,wicked flow,camburg uca's
    it's to dark out now for pic's.but it's a trd skid the gray (mine will be blacked out my the end of the night) one that meets the bumper.i get how to bolt the back up but it's the front I don't get.what I'm thinking is the two bolts on the bumper brace are used for the front?

4. Sep 9, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    outxider

outxider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sang
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    TRS Morimoto D2S Retrofit, 2010 OEM LED Tails, Satoshi Grille, Hella 500s w FJ OEM switch mounted behind grille, OEM roof rack, OEM tailgate handle w aftermarket backup camera, Pioneer Avic Z130BT NAV, Kicker componets/2-ways, custom built box + 10in Kicker CompRT & Kicker 5ch amp. Ventshades, FJ TRD center caps, Illuminated 4x4 switch, K&N air filter, Viper 2way Remote start security system, flyzeye v2 console light, KBvoodoo bed bars.
    The rear section gets tucked onto the rear bolts of the oem skid plate, then the front, the two original bolts holding the oem skid plate comes off and the pre-attached bolts on the trd skid plate goes back in their place. You will be left with two bolts off the oem skid plate after you're done.

5. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    socal trd

Member:
    First Name:
    frank
    SOCAL SGV
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd off road lifted
    thanks, the front bolts were what was throwing me off.

To Top