1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trd sticker on non trd

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Srf4life858, Aug 23, 2010.

?

Is having a trd sticker on non trd gay?

Poll closed Sep 22, 2010.
  1. GAY

395 vote(s)
    78.5%
  2. NOT GAY

108 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. Aug 26, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Do what ya want its your Tacoma.

Welcome to TW Yoda-master

2. Aug 29, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    Imaking

Imaking Taco Newb

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    Pahrump, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    OME 885x coils, 5100's set at 0. Deaver 2" AAL and 5100s out back. AFE Pro Dry S drop-in, BHLM, '10 sport grille.
    I don't think this is as gay as the prerunner I saw on friday with some "custom" 4x4 stickers accompanied by some awesome stripes down the side! Viva la mexico!

3. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    Hey look, I kind of agree with what a lot of others are saying - it is your truck - do what you want. But a non TRD with TRD stickers is as lame as a non SS with SS stickers/badges. And I don't buy the argument about the TRD OR and Sport packages not being enough of a performance upgrade to matter. If you chose not to get a TRD package because you didn't think it was worth the money - then why the hell would you want a TRD sticker on your truck. My original plan was to get a 2010 DBL CAB 4x4 with the SR5 package and a few other options like alloy wheels. I would be the first to admit that a truck like that would be nearly identical and able to go anywhere the 2010 DBL CAB 4x4 TRD Sport that I ended up buying would. However, I would have never bought a non-TRD truck and then slapped some TRD stickers on it. You can do whatever you want - but don't get defensive about other people saying it is lame. Knowing that I was driving around in a non-TRD truck with TRD stickers would be worse than driving around in a non-TRD truck that I wished was a TRD. I'm pretty sure what response this will get - so I'll preempt that argument. Don't say that by putting TRD stickers on a non-TRD truck that you don't really wish you had a TRD - cause that is exactly what it means. That does not mean that you have to have a TRD package to have a cool truck - I've seen so many non-TRD Tacomas on the streets and on this website that are way more badass than the 100% stock TRD Sport that I drive - that is for sure.

4. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    dude...

Breathe in...breath out...

It's not really that big of a thing.

5. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    dude - you are right it's not. But if it is not that big of a thing why the post to say it is not that big of a thing 5 minutes after my post? Would you put the stickers on your truck?

6. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I just happened to be cruisin' by this thread and saw your post. It appeared you need to take a deep breath.

Personally, I haven't thought about it. I have an SR5 and could find better ways to spend my money. Although the Sockmonkey stickers are real cool...you should check them out.

:cheers:

7. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    Thats cool - but why would it appear I needed to take a breath? It looked to me that this thread was asking people's opinion - and I gave mine. I should be really clear here and say that in no way, shape, or form do I think a TRD truck is necessarily any better than a non-TRD truck. That is why they offer options like this - if the option is appealling to you - you get it - if it is not, you don't. I have to admit though that the psychology of this whole topic is very interesting. It is not like they only let certain, lucky people get TRDs - anyone can have one. I mean, if you can afford to buy a brand new 2010 SR5 4x4 you could certainly afford a TRD package as well. Those that got a TRD package concluded it was worth it - those that didn't concluded it was not. The thing that intrigues me is if someone didn't think a TRD package was worth the extra money - why would they put a sticker on their truck to make it look like they did? I'm not even concernced about the whole "trying to portray something falsely" idea. Anyone seriously considering buying a Tacoma would know whether the truck had a TRD package whether the thing had a sticker on it or not (I know a lot of people take the stickers off). If I saw a non-TRD Tacoma on the street with TRD stickers I doubt I would even notice - and if I did, I certainly wouldn't say anything - or think any less of the driver of the truck. Here's the thing that makes this interesting. No one in the world (other than Tacoma owners/enthusiasts) would even know what the TRD sticker means. If you don't know anything about Tacomas - then TRD means nothing to you. So the only people who wouldn't know it was fake - wouldn't even care. This is why I don't understand why someone would want to do it. Then again to each their own - what any other person does to their truck has no effect on me whatsoever. So if you like it -then do it - but most people who know what it means will think it is lame.

8. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    This:

It looked to me that this thread was asking people's opinion - and I gave mine. I should be really clear here and say that in no way, shape, or form do I think a TRD truck is necessarily any better than a non-TRD truck. That is why they offer options like this - if the option is appealling to you - you get it - if it is not, you don't. I have to admit though that the psychology of this whole topic is very interesting. It is not like they only let certain, lucky people get TRDs - anyone can have one. I mean, if you can afford to buy a brand new 2010 SR5 4x4 you could certainly afford a TRD package as well. Those that got a TRD package concluded it was worth it - those that didn't concluded it was not. The thing that intrigues me is if someone didn't think a TRD package was worth the extra money - why would they put a sticker on their truck to make it look like they did? I'm not even concernced about the whole "trying to portray something falsely" idea. Anyone seriously considering buying a Tacoma would know whether the truck had a TRD package whether the thing had a sticker on it or not (I know a lot of people take the stickers off). If I saw a non-TRD Tacoma on the street with TRD stickers I doubt I would even notice - and if I did, I certainly wouldn't say anything - or think any

Kinda looks like this:

Itlookedtomethatthisthreadwas skingpeople'sopinionan Igave mine.Ishouldbereallyclearhereandsythatinno ayshapeorform do I thinkaRDtruckisnecessarilyny betterthananonTRDtruck. Thatis hy heyofferoptionslike hisf heoptionisappeallingtoyou - yougetit ifitisnot,youdon't.Ihavetoadmitthough hatthe psychologyofthiswholetopicisvery nteresting.Itisnot iketheyonly let certain,uckypeople etTRDsanyonecanhaveone.I mean,if you canaffordtobuyabrandnew2010SR5 x4 oucouldcertainlyafford a TRDpackageaswell.hosethatgotaTRpackageconcludeditwasworth it thosethatdidn'tconcluded it asnot.Thethingthatintrigues meisifsomeonedidn'tthinkTRDpackagewasworththeextramoney - whywould heyputastickerontheirtrucktomak itloo liketheydid I'm notevenconcerncedaboutthewhole"trying to portray somethingfalsely"idea.Anyone seriously considering buying a Tacoma would know whether th truckhadaTRDpackagewhetherthethinhad astickeronitornot(I knowalotofpeopletake hestickersoff).IfI saw a non-TRDTacomaonthestreetwithTRDstickersIdoubtIwould even noticeandif did,Icertainlyouldn'tayanythingorthink any lessofhedriverof hetruck.Here'sthe hingthatmakesthis interesting.Noneinthe orld(otherthanTacoma owners/enthusiasts) wouldevenknowwhatthe RDstickermeansIfyoudon'tknowanything aboutTacomasthenTRDmeansnothingtoyou.Sotheonlypeoplewho wouldn'tknow twas akewouldn'tevencare.ThisiswhyIdon't understandwhy omeonewouldwantodoitThenagaintoeachheir ownwhat nyotherpersondoestoheirruckhasnoeffectonme whatsoeverSoifyoulikeit-thendoit-butmostpeoplwhoknowwhat itmeanswillthinkitislame.

However..I value your opinion, and all opinions. Just make it easy and fun to read. :thumbsup:

9. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    What - you're dyslexic? It's pretty clear English. I gotta say it really doesn't look like you value anyone else's opinions. Which is fine - but why respond then?

10. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    Was it easy or fun to type in all that jibberish?

11. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    I can reply with just one sentence posts - no problem.

12. Aug 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    Srf4life858

Srf4life858 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tacoma
    2 12" md subwoofers, GrillCraft Billet Overlay Grill, Billstein 5100's, WickedFlow Muffler, debadged, Anti-theft Tailgate Mod, HIDs, 16x8 raceline wheels, BF Goodrich ALT tires, CB Radio, 4 Hella 500s, Lightbar, HIDS, Window Tint, Camburg UCA
    Shits getting heated in here :thumbsup:

13. Aug 30, 2010 at 12:04 AM
    StormTrooper

StormTrooper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Flowmaster Super 44 w/ K&N drop in
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    i dont have stickers... but i have a Toyota Racing Development license plate frame set on my truck, and its not "TRD" but guess what?... i dont give a flying fuck

14. Aug 30, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I really hope the pantie un-wad ferries visited you last night. :D

And...

15. Aug 30, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    Whatever - I can tolerate someone having a different opinion than mine. I can even understand you saying my posts were too long (you're right they kinda were). But why not just say that? Larry, you shoulda just got a TRD and we could have avoided all this.

16. Aug 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    Srf4life858

Srf4life858 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tacoma
    2 12" md subwoofers, GrillCraft Billet Overlay Grill, Billstein 5100's, WickedFlow Muffler, debadged, Anti-theft Tailgate Mod, HIDs, 16x8 raceline wheels, BF Goodrich ALT tires, CB Radio, 4 Hella 500s, Lightbar, HIDS, Window Tint, Camburg UCA
    ahahah +1

17. Aug 30, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    Doubtful...as this is not my thread.

And if the Pyrite Mica I have was a TRD OR or Sport...I probably would have bought it any way.

I found it on a local dealers lot and bought it the next day.

It fit my basic criteria...had it had more options than that, as said...I still would have bought it.

Personally I could care less about the stickers. (If I ever want one, I'll hook up w/ Sockmonkey)...

18. Aug 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    Wow...im so confused why this thread is even present...reminds me of something I read a long time ago...please view the video :D

I put a different video on...its the whole thing, but on speed play. It's also a miror image sideways...oh well...you get the point...

Oh and no disrespect to Sockmonkey (I love his work!)...but he is the dude in the green car in this video![​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoOoTaUyHbo&feature=related

19. Aug 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    :laugh:

20. Aug 30, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Who cares? I'd only be pissed if i didn't know much about Tacoma's and thought i was buying a TRD when it was actually an SR5 with a TRD sticker on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top