1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Supercharger purchase

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by B11, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Feb 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    WOODEX M.E.

WOODEX M.E. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD OR Pyrite Mica
    TRD Supercharger, Speedhut TRD Boost Gauge, Speedhut TRD AFR Gauge, PLX Wideband Controller W/Bosch O2 Sensor, Cravenspeed Boost Pod, AFE Pro Dri II Si Intake, Calvert Racing Caltrac Traction Bars. URD Catback Exhaust, URD 2.825" Super Grip Pulley, URD Spec-U Equal Length Headers, URD 255lph Fuel Pump, OEM FPR Mod.
    Just called Toyota today, they told me that they have some of the parts available now (supercharger, injectors, etc.) but the elusive ECU re flash is still not released. The supercharger is the same as last year, but the fit kit needed for it needs the re flash. Guess we are all still waiting. I saw a post on a different thread, one guy in Hawaii says the dealer called him and said everything is ready to go for his, a few days ago. I am still highly skeptical on that.

2. Feb 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    FMF

FMF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    SUSPENSION ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 OME Internal Bypass coil overs and rear shocks Suspension ARB Dakar one ton Rear Hi-Lux Leafs EL091 U Bolt Flip Kit Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Daystar Universal Air Bag Cradle Wheelers Front Super Bump Stops SPC Performance Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms All-Pro 4" Steel Braided Brake Lines EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads WHEELS TIRES TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock-Style Alloy Wheels Bronze BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2 255/85R16 with matching full size spare. ARMOR ARB Deluxe Bull Bar with Quadratec Q9500is Winch with Dyneema Synthetic Rope B.A.M.F Kick Out Rock Sliders PERFORMANCE ARB Safari Snorkel TRD Performance Exhaust System INTERIOR Clazzio Leather Seat Covers LIGHTING ARB IPF 900XS Extreme Driving Lights Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights All interior lighting swapped to LED's AUDIO Front Doors: Rokford Fosgate p1694 6x9 Rokford Fosgate Tweeter P1T-s Back Doors: Rokford Fosgate P16 6 ½ OTHER Custom Martin Truck Bodies Aluminum Flatbed Weather Tech Window Rain Deflectors Bird Dawg Tech Extreme Deck Gadget Mount PrinSu Design Aluminum Roof Rack T6 Aluminum Devil Horn Toyota Emblem Ceramic Window Tint Bushwacker fender flares
    When I went to the dealer today they said that the SC for the 2013 was released by Toyota for installation two days ago. I am now in the process of negotiating the price.

3. Feb 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    B11

B11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.E. Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Is now SuperCharged
    I talked to TRDparts4U, they're the parts side of Toyota of Dallas Tx., this morning and they told me they did a 13 last week with the TRD SC kit.

I, too, was a little skeptical of the "flash" portion of the kit but the guy at TRDparts4U assured me the re-flash is now available for the 2013's from any Toyota dealer doing the installation of a TRD SC kit on a 13 Tacoma. The re-flash doesn't come inside the big box of parts and pieces for the SC kit. It's something the technician downloads onto your ECU from and electronic data source the dealership has access to.

He did tell me they smoked 2 ECU's on the 13 Taco they did last week but I guess it had something to do with how the owner had and aftermarket alarm installed and nothing to do with there being any problems from TRD or Toyota. Even so, it didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling when he said they smoked 2 ECU's before they figured out the problem

4. Feb 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    B11

Member:
    N.E. Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Is now SuperCharged
    FMF, for what it's worth TRDparts4u has them for $3890.00 w/free shipping. That includes fit kit and ALL other parts and pieces you will need to have this installed.

I asked him specifically if $3890 was all in all done with NO OTHER parts and or pieces to buy and he said yes.

5. Feb 18, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    FMF

FMF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    SUSPENSION ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 OME Internal Bypass coil overs and rear shocks Suspension ARB Dakar one ton Rear Hi-Lux Leafs EL091 U Bolt Flip Kit Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Daystar Universal Air Bag Cradle Wheelers Front Super Bump Stops SPC Performance Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms All-Pro 4" Steel Braided Brake Lines EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads WHEELS TIRES TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock-Style Alloy Wheels Bronze BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2 255/85R16 with matching full size spare. ARMOR ARB Deluxe Bull Bar with Quadratec Q9500is Winch with Dyneema Synthetic Rope B.A.M.F Kick Out Rock Sliders PERFORMANCE ARB Safari Snorkel TRD Performance Exhaust System INTERIOR Clazzio Leather Seat Covers LIGHTING ARB IPF 900XS Extreme Driving Lights Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights All interior lighting swapped to LED's AUDIO Front Doors: Rokford Fosgate p1694 6x9 Rokford Fosgate Tweeter P1T-s Back Doors: Rokford Fosgate P16 6 ½ OTHER Custom Martin Truck Bodies Aluminum Flatbed Weather Tech Window Rain Deflectors Bird Dawg Tech Extreme Deck Gadget Mount PrinSu Design Aluminum Roof Rack T6 Aluminum Devil Horn Toyota Emblem Ceramic Window Tint Bushwacker fender flares
    Thanks for the tip!! I may have to check them out if the dealer decides not to play nice.

6. Feb 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    liguy

liguy Active Member

Member:
    Massapequa, NY
    Vehicle:
    B2600i
    yup... TRD customer service ((800) 688-5912) verifies that the 2012 parts (S/C:pTR29-35090 FitKit:pTR29-35120) are compatible with the 2013 4.0L V6. ECU re-flash is available thru Toyota's in-house "TIS/techstream" download to Service Department laptops.
    Regional Sales Reps and Parts/Service Departments may have to be educated about this new info, however.

7. Feb 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    B11

Member:
    N.E. Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Is now SuperCharged
    Unrelated but I gotta rant a little.

Went to the dealership where I bought my Tacoma today to see what kind of price they could do on a complete TRD Supercharger kit. Installation they are already doing for free. Free, hah, that's funny and trust me, I'm quite certain I've already paid for that installation but anyway I wanted to see what they wanted for the exact same kit TRDparts4u sells for $3890.00. My wonderful local dealer where I bought my Tacoma brand new not 2months ago wanted to charge me full retail. They weren't even close on price. I don't remember exactly what he quoted me because I stopped listening but I think he said $4700. I showed him online where another Toyota dealer in Dallas Tx. has the exact same kit for $3890 complete with free shipping and asked if he could even try to get close to their price, he just gave me a blank stare and said NO.

I'm mostly ticked off because I always try and buy local. If I can buy it local but it cost me a little more I'm usually ok with that because I make my money local and I prefer to spend my money local but they weren't interested in even trying to keep my business so I guess my $$$$ will be getting sent south to TRDparts4u unless someone here knows of a place that has a better price.

Ok, rant now over.... :rolleyes:

8. Feb 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

monsterkx2fiddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birthplace of Davy Crockett
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Mar 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    myfriendjoev

myfriendjoev New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New York
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TRD
    Any updates?

Products Discussed in

To Top