1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trek Lights group buy part 2. FREE LIGHT GIVEAWAY!

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by evanmb31, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Well...honestly...once it goes to a paypal dispute/claim, you are both stuck waiting for Paypal.

In Troys Defense, if you escalate to a Claim, its pretty much out of both your hands...then paypal will probably contact you both for records of what happened during the transaction and all that.

If you leave it at a dispute...it basically means you want you money now and hope it scares the seller into refunding through paypal quickly. I think either way, if Troy does NOT respond, its still like a 20 day waiting period through paypal.

So again, as I said in another post...I think the only reason I received my refund so quickly was because I was one of the first...and I was one of the most outspoken on the other thread, so Troy tried shut me up quickly :D. Which is whatever, I received my refund...now I just have to wait for my bank...

That being said...those of you wanting your refunds...one thing I realized when all this happened...if Troy is legit about all of this, and its just a big shipping snafu (doesnt change anything for me), he did not have any stock, so of course he couldn't order these lights until you guys paid him...so now that he's paid the manufacturer, he only has his profit off all this...which I will decline to comment on...so after a bunch of refunds...he's gonna be low on cash...soooooooo...yea...I think wanting a refund quickly at this point is probably not going to happen as quickly as you all hope.

I am not bashing in any way here, I am just getting tired of the PM's all day about "WHY COME YOU HAZ REFUND ALREADY AND I DONT HAZ MINE"(actual names and questions masked to hide identities)

2. Apr 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    I'm able to close the claim if we come to a conclusion before PayPal is forced to make a decision for us, thing is, is that he still hasn't responded through PayPal at all, the status even says "waiting on sellers response". So as of right now the claim is only waiting on him.

3. Apr 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    treklights

treklights Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys, refunds should be going out tomorrow.

Like I told everyone via PM, I was waiting for the funds to clear into my PayPal bank account (separate from my biz account)

PayPal will not have to decide anything here, as I've willingly agreed to the refund already requested.

4. Apr 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    There ya go! Troy if ya don't mind I'm just gonna quote you on this from now, or the most part.

5. Apr 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    treklights

Member:
    To put everyone's minds at ease, I'll also be uploading a photo of the pallet and a copy of the AWB for everyone to see.

I realize that I've been scarce for the pay few days, so I'll be answering emails every day from 7-8PM until the lights get here.

Please send me a pm or an email at troy@treklights.com if you need anything.

If I don't answer my phone during normal working hours, it's because I'm at the 9-5. Shoot me an email and I'll respond same day.

Again, I appreciate everyone holding out for their lights. You guys (and gals) are saints.

6. Apr 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    treklights

Member:
    Sure thing.

7. Apr 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    treklights

Member:
    Also wanted to add, I know some people got out because they were nervous, but once the stock comes in, you're more than welcome to repurchase your stuff for immediate shipment.

No hard feelings here, guys.

I'm in the businesses of making friends.

8. Apr 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Blueitrgsr

Blueitrgsr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Gainesville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4wd
    Some bilsteins, OME 885's, and an AAL.
    It somewhat reassures me that you have posted this stuff. I've stuck it out this long might as well to the end.

9. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    This is becoming one of the best BS threads on the site.

10. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
  11. Apr 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Lets not advertise for another GB for a similar product in a thread being run by a retailer. And lets keep the e-smack talking to the BS threads...mmmmmkay?

12. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Mmmmmkay sorry about that

13. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    I had already asked him to keep out with advertising his group buy here. Thats just rude. Post your group buy in the group buy thread and let people choose. Don't try to take my people.

14. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    06texasedition

06texasedition Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Picayune ms
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Texas edition(RIP) 14 tundra limited 4x4
    3" rough country lift. Blue interior lights courtesy of jumper led. Led tail lights avid front and rear bumper guard with 4 Hellas on front. Borla dual exhaust blue led reverse lights color matched satoshi grille
    I c my comment got deleted lol

15. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    In all fairness i was instigating, since the group buy is closed, and i started this thread which isn't really the official group buy thread i thought i had free reign to bust balls. I didn't take into consideration that now this thread may be the only place for people to get updates from trek lights. So again sorry guys, i tried to keep the peace in the original thread, i should be doing the same here.

16. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    06texasedition

06texasedition Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Picayune ms
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Texas edition(RIP) 14 tundra limited 4x4
    3" rough country lift. Blue interior lights courtesy of jumper led. Led tail lights avid front and rear bumper guard with 4 Hellas on front. Borla dual exhaust blue led reverse lights color matched satoshi grille
    No more from me on this thread

17. Apr 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    This.

18. Apr 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    nixorz

nixorz Active Member

Member:
    anymore solid updates on refunds, my voicemails and emails still go unanswered.

19. Apr 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Check your paypal today? Troy said refunds should be going out today, hopefully its there or will be very soon

20. Apr 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    treklights

Member:
    Processing everything now, just like I promised yesterday :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top