1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trek Lights LED Light Bar Group Buy!

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by emelianenkov, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Really wish Treklights got on here more than once a day...

2. Mar 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    Like the twix commercial left factory flowed caramel on cookie and right factory cascaded carmel on cookie

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Mar 28, 2013 at 2:02 AM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    If you are considering getting off ebay I recommend this seller. Bought mine from him and super happy, no problems and great customer service. Has various different sizes too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-54W-378...cessories&hash=item27cd740941&vxp=mtr&afsrc=1

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Mar 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    Also going to need a refund. Invoice # 2000114 $285. Please PM me if you need more information or once you send payment. Thanks.

5. Mar 28, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov [OP] Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Dude, he has a full time job and young kids to take care of. You'll get your money.

6. Mar 28, 2013 at 5:17 AM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    Lol what do u want hourly updates? He's waiting for his manufacturer to finish the order. Not a lot of updates there.

7. Mar 28, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Sucks you guys are pulling out, but i get why. In troys defense shipping was supposed to start mid-end of march so he really isn't to far behind

8. Mar 28, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    rmb_crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    I think it's an acceptable time frame. Considering he did loose a whole pallet. I will continue to wait and have no problem doing it.

9. Mar 28, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    rtrudel35

rtrudel35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Becky
    Middleton, NH
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    X2. People need to chillax.

10. Mar 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    kd8bao

kd8bao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    2000 Excursion 7.3L - Ex '11 Taco DCSB
    I think people would have had a different response if there were proof that there was a "destroyed" pallet of lights. You can't fault the consumer for wanting to protect their investment. This is only speculation but I don't see how an entire pallet of lights was destroyed. A few, yeah. Half, plausible. Entire pallet, highly unlikely. Show your customers proof of damage and they will be more forgiving. I know you have pics since it all would have been submitted for insurance.

I feel for ya and what happened but show people what happened. Good luck on the rest of the sale.

11. Mar 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    sick 3.4 tacoma

sick 3.4 tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    portland Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2003 double cab 4x4
    elite bumper, xrc8 winch, 12in sub, cb, flowmaster, deck plate mod, 3in lift.
    I agree on the relax part i had my freak out moment but ill give the guy time to do his work and i believe he will make it all right and come thru with amazing lights. Thanks trek for doing all that you can do

12. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    Blueitrgsr

Blueitrgsr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Gainesville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4wd
    Some bilsteins, OME 885's, and an AAL.
    I think in my mind if I pay at the end of February I should have my product within 2 weeks. Mid march was when were expecting and it didn't happen. Now the estimated shipping date is April 15. A month and a half later. Who knows when they will really get shipped out. April 15 marks my 45 days on PayPal. Sooo....I guess I've got some thinking to do. It's just extremely frustrating.
    and I hope this is the case. But there is always gonna be that cautious person in me.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  13. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    The Woodsman

The Woodsman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Batesville, IN
    Vehicle:
    08 FJ Cruiser
    A bunch of mods :)
    :amen:

I feel for the poor guy dealing with all of this.

I've been in the situation dealing with damaged shipments many times. Even though maybe only a few items on the pallet were actually damaged, insurance takes the whole thing and will likely auction it to someone for pennies on the dollar.

On the other hand, there is the standpoint that one should not sell what they do not have or charge in full until the product is shipped.

I plan to sit tight until they are available. :cheers:

14. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Well, I'd like some sort of word or reassurance of my refund, today please.

15. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    rmb_crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    I agree with this when dealing with a large company who has the ability to hold items in stock and had the ability to purchase ahead oh shipment but for small businesses I understand that's not possible. It would be hard to front $20,000 for an order this size.

16. Mar 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    Just my .02 -

People that want a refund should PM treklights (troy) directly- that way he has a record, all organized in one place. Maybe even have the title be "refund request order #######" or something instead of blowing up this thread. That way we can keep the negativity out, and it will be most likely easier for him to process them.

Hopefully not many more people need to do this, Im sure he wants everyone to get their lights as much as they do.
    Troy/OP
    Please let me know If you want me to edit this post.

17. Mar 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    92shawman

92shawman Person

Member:
    First Name:
    K
    The Americas
    Vehicle:
    1992 Toyota Pickup
    Lots...see build
    Dude, if you're freaking out because he's not on TW, he has a phone number that I'm 90% sure he posted in this thread. If he works a full time job he's not going to be on the internet much during the day. That or maybe his home internet went out. Shit happens, we don't know his end during every part of the day. Just call him, he's probably more likely to pick up the phone than to respond to a thread.

18. Mar 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
  19. Mar 28, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:

hey you know what, you should chill as well.

I get very serious when it comes to money, so when I'm several hundred into something and suddenly stuff starts happening and it just keeps getting pushed back and back and back, I don't want anything to do with it.

Its not rude to ask for a refund

I've kept my mouth shut long enough, you know what, its just bad business to have a GB like this and have all this money from us and then only pop your head in when you feel like it. Troy should be in here constantly at least answering questions and doing what he can.

After dropping that bombshell YESTERDAY, he immediately left and obviously hasn't checked back onto the site since. Excuse me for wanting my money back in an orderly manner, or at least some sort of reassurance that he will be doing what he can.

20. Mar 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    8sm

8sm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impluse Red
    I hope your claim of " absolute no issue " continue for yourself as well as the other various members of forums that funded this venture. It's apparent the funds to purchase the product came directly from the members pockets as opposed to the business. Hereinlies the risk.

It's hard not to notice the numerous " other post " on several forums regarding this GB. And yes " this group buy is about 4x larger than anticipated", which should have been limited until the supplier ability to meet delivery schedule where proven.

Yes, one is correct I did not purchase these lights. However, I did consider this GB, yet being a business owner with 30yrs experience and after speaking directly with the princilple, I quickly realize good intentions where not enough reason for me to invest hundreds of dollars in a business that IMO lacked known product testing knowledge, other than they told me so and IMO lacked logistical support.

As far as the Rigid comments, the warranty, proven vigorous product testing and its a locally produced product resulted in a buying decision which warranted the investment.

For me, one china led light failure after the one year warranty, should I repurchase another china led light. It would bring me back to the price of my Rigid investment. I guess we are all rolling the dice, but I like my odds better. Only time will tell. ;)

Regards......... 8sm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top