1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**Trending Video** Police Shoot Man's Dog

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RJALLDAY702, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    ross123

ross123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    fort bragg
    Yeah that would of ended well for you.

2. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    okay? my dogs are more family to me then my actual family. the dog was shot for no reason IN MY OPINION and could have easily been put back in the car had the cop allowed the man who was detained for no reason to do so.

cops= in wrong here.

my opinion.

3. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    ross123

Member:
    fort bragg
    The cop tried to get the leash. Like I said before I like dogs and would never kill one for no reason. But I think it was a clean shoot.

4. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    ross123

Member:
    fort bragg
    Almost the same thing happened to me in AFG. dog jumped at me from behind a tree. Had to blast it. Sucks but, better then a dog bite.

5. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    rickmeseke

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    the cops could have let the guy move the dog, could of asked the guy to ask any of the people across the corner to come get the dog, but no, they had to kill the dog for no god damn reason.

if it was a poodle jumping at the cop would the cop have shot?

6. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    ross123

Member:
    fort bragg
    I don't give a shit how big the dog is. You have no clue how well that dogs been cared for. Might have fucking rabies for all you know. So yeah I would have smoked a smaller dog.

7. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    :( Another dog killed because his owner is a piece of shit.

This is a just another shitty situation where some idiot was pushing the limits. My thoughts; He was way too close to police, what ever LEO/EMS/FF are doing give them space (other people were perfectly fine filming from across the street).

The windows should have been rolled up enough to not allow the dog out. Owners fault.

Why the shit did they arrest him anyway?!?

LEO's could have let him deal with the dog as soon as he got out (not a threat), stopped man handling him so the dog didn't feel like his owner was in danger and certainly should not have reached for the dog (takes it as an attack).

I hate to say it because :censored::censored: but I think LEO made the right discussion in the end... BUT IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN GOT THAT FAR.

8. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    Ok, imagine this
    You are the cop in charge of that group, you happen to be In the group when they arrest the guy, you see the dog start acting up so you have the dogs owner put the dog back in the car while one of the officers rolls up the windows to a point that the dog can't get out, while the owner puts the dog in the car he reaches under the seat and grabs a pistol or knife and proceeds to shoot or stab one of your officers, what do you tell that officers wife and kids? "I'm sorry for your loss, it shouldn't have happened but I felt sorry for the dog"?

All the above is assuming he was uncuffed or cuffed with his hands in front to control the dog.

9. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    I just got a puppy and this broke my heart.

:(

10. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    rickmeseke

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    IF THE COPS WOULDNT HAVE PUT HIM IN HANDCUFFS IN THE FIRST PLACE IT WOULDNT FUCKING MATTER.

i just got -neg repd for saying my opinion

i love TW, but i fucking hate everyone of you who think the cops were in the right here.

11. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    rickmeseke

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    there was what, 4 cops there? they each could of walked with the owner and made sure he didnt grab anything. all he had to do was roll the windows up.
    it wasnt fucking hard

im done

unsubbing this

12. Jul 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    ross123

Member:
    fort bragg
    Overall it's the owners fault for even fucking with the cops. I'd bet he was talking shit to the cops which was the reason they walked over to him in the first place. Piece of shit owner got his own dog killed.

13. Jul 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    END THREAD/

:thumbsup:

14. Jul 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    Benson X

Benson X My build thread sucks...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    If you don't draw blood, you're doing it wrong!
    Sucks, that was hard to watch.

I agree that is a tough situation, and the true victim is the dog.

It was just acting on instinct and training (probably shitty training/reinforcement judging by the owner's demeanor), but there were a lot of things that could've been done better or differently from all sides.

The shitty owner shouldn't have been trying to cause unnecessary confrontation with the LEOs, and recording the whole thing just like every other morbid looky-lou. He should have rolled-up the windows to insure the dog couldn't jump out, especially since the owner was clearly already agitated and in-turn so is the dog.

The officer was completely wrong to continually approach the dog in what I'm guessing was an attempt to grab it's leash and/or collar (ANY dipshit knows not to grab/reach for someone else's dog like that, esp. when in conflict). He also had more than enough time to holster his sidearm, in favor of Pepper spray. The guy was already in cuffs, with other officers restraining him, he had at least 25 seconds to process the situation, and grab his Pepper spray instead. He instigated the whole ending result and clearly made the wrong choice.

This was not a split-second decision, and defending anyone here is just a moot point. It just sucks, plain and simple. The worst part is the owner will blame the officer, the officer will blame the owner, when in reality they should each be accountable for their own actions.

15. Jul 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    toyohtadude

toyohtadude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 4x4 Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Bone stock
    An innocent dog dies because of the actions of a worthless, uncaring POS owner. He had no business being there and should have left with his dog, or at least secured the dog so that it could not get loose. The leash should have been secured with the seat belt or the windows put up enough so he couldn't get through. The cop could have done any number of things but when faced with a Rottie who can cleanly bite off body parts in one move with the 4th strongest dog jaw out there, he chose to take the safest solution. I'm not saying he is right or wrong. He had options and that was the one that he chose. Very sad for the dog.....

I have only read/heard the details of this video. I cannot watch it. I own two German Rotties and they are the most non-aggressive dogs we've ever owned. I do not know how they'd react if someone was out to harm us, especially my grandkids who they very much adore and look after. I'd fucking lose it mentally if I watched what was described to me in that video. I cannot imagine that happening to my dogs and would never put them in that situation to begin with!

For a happier video.... here's my two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmrps96REpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  16. Jul 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 [OP] U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    So videotaping cops is illegal? Since when? Why were the handcuffs even needed?

17. Jul 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    Buckoma

Buckoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Buckeye, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 4x4
    Same. I'm a live and let live guy and don't get riled up easy... except when it comes to little kids and animals. When I see a dog always running lose ready to get hit or be picked up by animal control, or a dog sitting in a no shade area all day when it's 115° out, or anything else like that it really pisses me off. I don't think this was much different, that POS absolutely put his dog in that that situation. The dog died because of ignorant behavior of the owner.

18. Jul 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    rickmeseke

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    and people dont kill people guns kill people

19. Jul 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    So you're calling a man who was legally filming cops doing whatever the eff they were doing ignorant? If anything this was an ignorant cop with a very large ego.

20. Jul 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    Oh man!!! that sucks… I would die if i saw my dogs get shot like that!!! SMH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top