1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trimming for tires

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 85yote09taco, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Feb 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    85yote09taco

85yote09taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this site but not new to toyota trucks. I did however buy an '09 Tacoma new a few months ago. The other day i was playing in the snow, testing out my 4wheel drive and came across a problem, my tuck sits too low. So I've decided that I wanted to lift it, besides I just sold my 85 toyota PU and I no longer have a trail rig. So I did some research and decided on a 3'' ToyTec lift(884 coils and AALs). The only thing that concerns me is that i will have to do some ''trimming''. Now I looked this up a few times and the plastic trimming doesn't bother me but the cab mount trimming does. I know that i have to have 4.5 backspacing but is there any way i can get around this? if not i guess i will go with 32'' tires, is there any trimming involved there? Oh and if anyone can point me to the best price on some UCAs that would be great. Thank you for your time and any help/pics would be greatly appreciated.

2. Feb 12, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    33s with fit with just a little plastic trimming with a 3in lift

3. Feb 12, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    Fatbobs garage has light racing ucas for 370 plus shipping that's the chePest I've seen light racing. I ordered mine on a Monday and had them Wednesday. Fast shipping.

Also I got 4.5bs and -12 offset and had to trim front and back fenders and wheel wells with 285/70/17. I don't rub cab mount at all.

4. Feb 13, 2010 at 1:46 AM
    rhys

rhys Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    afe intake, flexalite fan, cab a/c outlet, de-chrome in progress, bedlined sides, custom head and tail lights, arb front
    even if you compress your suspension with the wheels turned to either lock?

5. Feb 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    85yote09taco

85yote09taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    thanks for everything guys

To Top