1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trouble removing lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Terrydw123, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Oct 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    Terrydw123

Terrydw123 [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport
    2 inch leveling kit, BFG all-terrain, weather tech floor mats, ipod adapter, AFE filter.
    Ok so I want to paint the inside of my lights on my 08 Tacoma and I have been able to get out every bolt but one. It is the left head light screw that is located in the wheel well. I'm pretty sure there is some kind of nut/retainer that is spinning. I cant seem to stop it from turning. Anyone had this pronblem or have any tip as to how I could access this area better? I just don't want to start pulling stuff off without a plan. Thanks.

2. Oct 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    use the search function bro, you will find some helpful info there.

3. Oct 16, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Take a few bolts out of the inner fender liner where it meets the fender lip. Move the liner out of the way. You should have easy access to the bolts after that. It worked like a charm for me.

4. Oct 16, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    It takes a little patience to get that last bolt out. I layed on my back under the front end and reached up from the bottom. If you're having a ton of trouble getting it out, you're probably better off using the other guys advice and remove the black plastic fender because it's even more fun to put back in.

5. Oct 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    anonymous7

anonymous7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    TRD Sport 4x4, Satoshi grill mod, TRD Cold Air Intake,
    Yeah, remove the fender, it may seem like a hassle, but you wont regret it when you actually feel like your getting somewhere.

6. Oct 18, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    Terrydw123

Terrydw123 [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport
    2 inch leveling kit, BFG all-terrain, weather tech floor mats, ipod adapter, AFE filter.
    Cool thanks Rocketball!!! As soon as I get the time I am gonna try it. It's so frustrating that a simple screw won't come out. I have tried a bunch of different ways to stop the clip from spinning. It seems like the threads won't back out. Well once I figure it out I will post how I got it out.

7. Oct 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    cortez_55

cortez_55 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Yuma az
    Vehicle:
    Silver 05 TRD Sport prerunner
    40 series flowmaster,2.5 inch level lift up front,black badges,alpine deck and type r speackers with a dual cvr kickers behind the rear seat with a hifonics amp,5% tint,17x8.5 fuel octanes with 285/70/17bfg all terrain,painted bumper
    you could be trying to take out the wrong bolt theirs two bolts in that area one i think which holds the bumper to the truck and theirs another that really isnt visible that hold the headlight down wihich is right above that one i had the same problem

To Top