1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRS group buy: 25% off, Let's see a list! Thanks Matt@TRS!

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by LEDsolutions, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    Either. 1st and 2nd gen are all H4 if I remember correctly. I think most guys use the D2S though

2. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    It's not overkill... its up to you if you want 'OEM' ballasts and bulbs. Some people prefer to have everything OEM, some people will settle with just the Morimotos....

H4 Harness is correct

3. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    LEDsolutions

LEDsolutions [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Settle for Morimotos? If you used any other aftermarket HID kit, the morimotos are a ways above them! OEM is slightly better though! Denso ballasts are $$$$ though! Maybe Matt will do a GB on those some day;)

4. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    wel i didnt mean it in a negative/degrading way. haha.. im just trying to say that morimotos are the cheaper of the 2 and will still outshine and out perform MANY other brands. :)

they are great! shoot, im running morimoto 55w and morimoto 5k bulbs!! freakin love em!

5. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    Subd and within the next week ill know if im in or not :cool:

6. Nov 12, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    The morimotos do the same thing as the OEM ballasts but the OEM ballasts warm up faster

7. Nov 13, 2011 at 4:37 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    TY for the replies. From what I have been reading the quicker warm up time was the difference on the ballasts. With the bulbs it seems that there is a condition called color shift, I hope I have this correct, that would not be an issue with the Phillips bulb.

8. Nov 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    pretty much nailed it... the warmup on my morimoto 55 is quite fast.. im super happy with it :cool:

9. Nov 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    LEDsolutions

Member:
    Just make sure to use the UPS shipping method because that method has tracking. USPS does not have tracking after the package crosses over to Canada.

10. Nov 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    LEDsolutions

Member:
    You know you are in already;)

11. Nov 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......

Incorrect, Learn before posting something like that heres my old USPS tracking

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=CJ457676559US

once you get to canada you can track is on canada posts website

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

so please next time ask a canadian

and ALso shipping USPS will get you zero extra costs at the time of pickup

UPS bends us over backwards for Brokerages fees, unless you paid for expres shipping which 90% of the time costs more than the brokerage fees

12. Nov 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    LEDsolutions

Member:
    My bad on that, so is the tracking number on the customs form on the USPS slip? Same as the canada post number then? I have shipped things without tracking for the reason of not being able to track according to my local PO...is there a certain form I should look for?

13. Nov 13, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    see that CJ number, if you paid for the correct shipping, my projectors were lik 35 bucks to ship or something around there and that is the number, they should supply you with one, id would never ship anything from the states to canada without one

14. Nov 14, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Decided to commit to this GB so now you only need 13 more.

1. LJ_24: Stage III kit D2S
    2. jamesdinan: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S)
    3. lfoster200 : Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S)
    4. JRob33: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III kit (D2S)
    5. NotFromAroundHere: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) /w Re-sealing Glue
    6.Rojoracing53: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III kit (D2S)
    7. Marcmfm007: Bi-xenon FX-R stage IV or new Helas w/ everything needed. Also glue and angel eyes.
    8. AsianAnts: FX-R stage III kit
    9. (spot taken)*
    10. (spot taken)*
    11. (spot taken)*
    12. 95SLE Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) Denso Ballast, Phillips 85122+ bulb, CCFL Angle Eyes, Gatling Gun Shrouds, Resealing glue, H4/9003 Relay

15. Nov 14, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    woo! cmon lets get more people!!! spread the newws:D

16. Nov 14, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    viperstd

viperstd Tacoma convert

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    AllPro Front and Rear trail armor & full skid plates, Demello Hybrid Rock Crushers, Old Man Emu suspension, Warn 8000# winch, PIAA SMR fogs, perforated + heated leather seats, in-dash DVD/NAV/Sound, RE subs
    I need to talk to TRS about putting together few things not on their site and seeing if it qualifies. I wan't to get:

2 projectors (mis-matched), 2 shrouds
    4 50W ballasts,
    6 50W bulbs 5000k.

If they can work with me, I'm down.

17. Nov 14, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Whatchdoing? Looks like a motorcycle.

18. Nov 14, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    viperstd

viperstd Tacoma convert

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    AllPro Front and Rear trail armor & full skid plates, Demello Hybrid Rock Crushers, Old Man Emu suspension, Warn 8000# winch, PIAA SMR fogs, perforated + heated leather seats, in-dash DVD/NAV/Sound, RE subs
  19. Nov 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    I read the thread. Seems like a pretty steep learning curve for the first install. I went with the Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) to try and eliminate the curve.

I will be blacking out the headlamps at the same time. I am going to do a color match for my BSP. I plan on installing LED side marker lamps and LED turn signal lamps at the same time.

PLS do a write up on the PIAA 510's. I run a set of them in the stock fog lamp location.

20. Nov 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    As a Postie here in Canada, I can confirm this. If you use a CN-72 Customs form, the full one, not the little green one, there will be tracking here in Canada. It also includes a signature upon delivery. USPS will not hit you with much in the way of customs fees either.

As for the kit, I'm still thinking if I want this. I love HID's, but I'm not too confident in my ability to install them. How hard is the install of the Stage 3 D2S kit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top