1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck Camping Photo Thread

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by OffsetPlayer2, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Apr 26, 2021 at 4:43 PM
    funkeedingus

funkeedingus Well-Known Member

Member:
    20210423_192939.jpg
    Spur off Lockhart Basin near Canyonlands NP

2. Apr 26, 2021 at 5:01 PM
    Tacomags

Tacomags Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    17" 4Runner wheels, 32" Nittos, Dobinsons IMS, RRW sliders, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, custom seat delete, Decked, Super Pacific X1
    Camped at Bee Mountain Ranch in Cleburne, Tx. Great weekend place for camping and fishing. Owner actually came out to greet our group and they keep the grounds nice and clean.

77048043-BDC7-4A5C-AC19-27D4C0D94D34.jpg

3. Apr 26, 2021 at 9:16 PM
    Steelhead Taco

Steelhead Taco Oncorhynchus mykiss

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Vehicle:
    2016 OR DC SB MT
  4. Apr 27, 2021 at 3:52 AM
    AStinkyBumb

AStinkyBumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4
    That looks cool as hell!

5. Apr 27, 2021 at 8:17 AM
    Tacman19

Tacman19 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Mid Missouri
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma SOLD
    As many as I can fabricate
    Holy road beauty. This is my dream drive. Thank you for this.
    Zim

6. Apr 27, 2021 at 8:47 AM
    GSDLVR123

GSDLVR123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro (Solar Octane)
    ABSOLUTELY...more decent folks need to "rear their ugly heads" to confront folks like that!!!

7. Apr 27, 2021 at 8:52 AM
    GSDLVR123

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    THAT IS SUPER COOL!!!

sheld[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Apr 27, 2021 at 9:03 AM
    GSDLVR123

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    Mine either...she keeps asking why I say: "I could..." rather than: "WE could..."

This statement is for entertainment value, and no implied intent should be taken as I'm joking of course...in the event my wife or her attorney is viewing this comment...:ballchain:

tonered[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Apr 27, 2021 at 9:05 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Same here. It'd be an interesting way of getting a second property. Hahaha!

GSDLVR123[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Apr 27, 2021 at 9:12 AM
    GSDLVR123

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    yeah... WE live on a beautiful horse farm on a river...if it were not WE - after 30 years of marriage (my wife does not work) - I would be living in a U-haul and my wife would be living on a beautiful horse farm on a river....:cheers:

tonered[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Apr 27, 2021 at 9:27 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    We have been married for almost 25yrs and are looking forward to emptying the nest and moving. We just have disagreements about where. I want more or less rural, she wants suburbia with more elbow room.

12. Apr 27, 2021 at 9:56 AM
    GSDLVR123

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    We were married in 1992...We will be empty nesters this year...oldest (20) just finished her Junior Year of college, the other 2 (18 and 19) leave for college this July.

My career has had us move 8 times in the past 30 years...my company buys and sells our homes, moves us - the whole gambit. What that has allowed is for us to try out different properties. We've lived on the Inter-coastal in Ft Lauderdale, Cities like Miami and Charlotte, small towns like Bristol VA/TN, small farms in Alabama, etc. We bought this small (17 Acres) Horse farm on a small river (nice for kayaks, canoes, etc) in 2007 - we LOVE it, I plan to retire in 5-7 years and as I said my wife is a stay at home mom/wife.

I was raised in the city and my wife was raised in the country...there is NO WAY I could stand living in the city or probably even the suburbs now. The older I get the less my tolerance is for dealing with people, while my wife is more of a social person. I like being able to jump on a horse when I get home, shoot my guns around our home and go outside and pee without getting arrested. I do understand folks wanting neighbors - not really but to say other wise makes me an obvious A$$$hole. Oddly enough we are in a one entrance small subdivision - about 15 homes (all with 2-20 acres). All of our homes are very far apart and the settings are very private. The good thing about this is, there are restrictions, so it prevents anyone from buying land and putting a small home or anything that would decrease our property values ( we found this to be very common in rural areas). Our home is at the end of the subdivision and we are boarded on 2 sides by the river. My wife wanted folks near us and I did not, but where we bought was a nice compromise and we are both very happy here.

I wish you all the luck in finding a compromise....what you BOTH want is out there!!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    FN-2187, ljh824 and tonered[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Apr 27, 2021 at 10:06 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Wow. It sounds like you had a great career / company. I like that setup. One of my regrets is that we are very rooted.

We were both raised in rural areas and had big dreams of city life. That has all changed for the both of us. She just wants to be closer to a small and walkable downtown away from an HOA. I wouldn't mind a few acres at least with a nice drive or bicycle ride to a town. Of course, my perfect spot would be on a high prairie somewhere in eastern Oregon. Pacific coast would work also, but that is just unlikely.

Thanks! I know there is and we'll find it. Our current place checked all the boxes except two or three. It is not walkable to anywhere even though we are spitting distance from town, has an HOA, and we have no ability to store anything fun on our property, mainly due to the lack of rear access. We both miss alleyways. They weren't a big deal when we moved it, but all have became big issues over time.

14. Apr 27, 2021 at 10:19 AM
    str8edgMTBMXer

str8edgMTBMXer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 DCLB; midnight black metallic
    I am the same for all of this. Grew up in Columbus OH - back when it was just a cowtown - but as I have gotten older, I am realizing that urban living will not work in the new "me" centered culture that has sprung up in America. I need to be in a place where I don't' have to deal with all of my neighbors ignorance of the laws of civility: leaving garbage cans out, full and in the front yards; parking cars in the yard/blocking the driveway etc; smoking cigs or pot to the point that there is a blue haze in my house (I can not stand cigarettes of pot smoking...it is a hot button issue with me); hearing "motherf**ker" every other phrase for 8 hours on the weekends....I am the a$$hole because I expect people to be respectful and civil when living in close quarters...but respect and civility is long gone now

I want a good 10 acres to separate from people. Preferably 10 acres of woods to build mountain bike trails on as well. Also want 10 acres in a place where winter and snow are a real thing...tired of heat and humidity...my wife is fine with anything that "won't put us in debt"...she tends to only really worry about day-to-day money ops.

ljh824 and GSDLVR123[QUOTED] like this.
  15. Apr 27, 2021 at 10:23 AM
    GSDLVR123

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    What is an HOA?

I understand 'rooted"...my son turned down an appointment to the Air Force Academy because he does not want to be too far from home for an extended period. He wants to build on our property after school. I do not begrudge someone from wanting to be rooted - at ALL....in fact I am envious of their clarity. My oldest is being recruited by NASA and other Govt Agencies - she majored in Comp. Science and Mathematics with a Minor in Technical Writing - so she will probably be in a city. My youngest (girl) HATES the country life and will be a city dweller too. I pray for happiness and clarity of thought for them.

Yes - My career/company has been financially rewarding but I would certainly not recommend the business route (I took) for anyone...I'd chose rooted. I am turning 59 and have had a massive heart attack, 2 mini strokes and my stress level is through the roof. STAY GROUNDED, enjoy life and find that relaxation spot that you can have a nice LIVING. My family has certainy enjoyed the relaxation of our home...I work 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day, so me not so much LOL.

I have been blessed beyond measure, but I certainly do not wish my life on my kids - or anyone. Good luck buddy!

tonered[QUOTED] and TacooSaucee like this.
  16. Apr 27, 2021 at 10:26 AM
    GSDLVR123

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    My son built a lot of bike/dirt bike trails on our property - the wooded areas...he has really enjoyed them over the years of growing up there. God luck to you.

17. Apr 27, 2021 at 10:30 AM
    str8edgMTBMXer

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    thanks!! We just got our youngest off to college this year, so we are deciding how to proceed...

1. sell everything; get the truck all overlanded out, and travel North America visiting parks and riding bikes
    2. down size to smaller place on the above mentioned acreage, and still travel in the truck, but have a home base to come back to

decisions, decisions....

Tacman19 and GSDLVR123[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Apr 27, 2021 at 10:37 AM
    GSDLVR123

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:

Cool - one of the things we have enjoyed where we live - it has afforded us the opportunity to bring a lot of (city) kids to our property to enjoy things like AX Throwing, cleaning and cooking wild game, horseback riding, kayaking/canoeing, etc. We will set up tents (down by the river) and just let kids spend the weekend. My son teaches wilderness survival too along with blacksmithing. A lot of these kids have tough lives - some do not - but it is certainly wonderful to see the commonalities that these kids have when they are out in the woods for a weekend. That is my wife and youngest daughter on the horses. IMG_3753.jpg

dilbert, Malvolio, Tacman19 and 2 others like this.
  19. Apr 27, 2021 at 11:01 AM
    str8edgMTBMXer

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    that is awesome!!! And I firmly believe that the outdoors/getting detached from electronics brings out a natural "serenity" that many of those kids - and others addicted to technology - have lost sense of

when you bring the kids out, do you have to have a certain kind of insurance to use the property like that? My friends dad does the s ame thing, and they all have to sign waivers. I even had to sign the first time I went ot the farm to ride bikes, and I have been a family friend for 40yrs

tonered and GSDLVR123[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Apr 27, 2021 at 11:08 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Homeowners Association. It's hard to find affordable places around here without one.

I was nominated to the Air Force Academy. The appointment process didn't work out. When they checked up the next year, I was having too much fun at school to think about changing up.

It sounds like your kids have a plan, which is all that you can really expect at this stage.

I hear you on work stress. It ages you. Just got through a period of it and am happy to be on the calm side of things these days.

Good luck to you also! Those final school years are always 'fun.'

Products Discussed in

To Top