1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck for my daughter...

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by excalis, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Sep 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    wow that sucks. especially coming from a honda. usually honda's and toyota's do very well. i wouldn't think you would see that kind of issues out of it at ~70k miles. at least you bought into the extended warranty and are getting it fixed. i hope everything goes well after that.

i just bought a 93 corolla manual tranny with 170k miles on it. rides like a charm and gets 36mpg. i hope it lasts me a while. you can't go wrong with honda's and toyota's though no matter what :)

2. Sep 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Honda's don't have the best trannys out there. Is it a 5 speed auto with Autostick? My mom has a 2001 3.2TL (rebadge Accord with more options) It has a recall on the tranny. Quick break down of the problems. The 5 speed set up would some times over heat causing a lockup in a gear. The 2nd gear was not properly lubricated over wear and tear. We got the recall notice, brought it in and they added a jet lube kit. Supposibly it would lube the gears properly. It made it worse. My mom's car was stuck in first, hit the rev limiter, shift to 3rd or 4th, and skip second. Then hit 5th,after it got warmed up it wouldn't go to first. So it kept starting in 3rd. Even with the auto stick mode we cant put it to second. it would show second then skip it to third. Went to Acura and ripped them a new one. They have gave us a Remanufactured tranny for free and free labor. Also a new TL to drive for a week.

3. Sep 10, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    excalis

excalis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    It is the 2.3L 4-speed, I just hope that what they fix or replace doesn't jack something else up. And yea, I am glad I bought into the extended warranty as normally I would have not done it. As a matter a fact, when the sale was done I had told them to remove all of the warranty items from the price, then went back and re-added it.

I will be taking that sucker back for any lil hiccup it has! LOL!

4. Sep 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Did you ever drive the taco? The 2.4 with an automatic was a dog. I drove identical ones xtracabs one auto one five speed there was a night and day difference. Sucks to hear about the Accord. My truck needed a water pump within the first week. Luckily we bought 2 cars that day from the dealer and the second still wasn't ready, so we said fix it or no deal. I got a free water pump.

5. Sep 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    excalis

excalis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    I didn't get a chance to test drive it, the sales guy was dragging his feet and thus lost out on a sale. It was out of town a ways and we were trying to work a deal and a trip to the dealership but he never called.

When he did finally called it was after the Honda was bought :)

6. Sep 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :laugh: The boy would immediatly regret his decision ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top