1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck "grounding" out over bumps

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dougmays, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Feb 26, 2009 at 10:09 AM
    dougmays

dougmays [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gainesville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 Tacoma 4WD/Tow Pkg Black
    Westin Bull Bar, Firestone Destination AT 255/70/16
    well i dropped of my truck at toyota this morning around 8am and finally heard back at 1pm. the guy asked "what my expectation were from toyota"...i knew from the beginning this wouldn't be a fun conversation. Long story short he said they would cover the labor if i covered the parts...$1600.

no thanks! i guess this is what you can expect from toyota these days:mad::mad:

2. Mar 4, 2009 at 5:16 AM
    rachunter

rachunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    XM Radio,Access Lorado Tonneau, Ventshades, Tinted Windows, Destination A/T's , Moto Metal wheels and lots of Liquid Glass
    dougmays,

I do not mean to be too hard on you but here are the facts.

You joined this website in November of 2007 and your truck is a 2007 model. You said everytime you go over that bump with several people in your truck it bottoms out but you waited until February 2009 to start researching the problem on here. After your warranty had already expired.

So Toyota is under no obligation at all to help you in any way but they offered to cover the labor on the repair to help you out and your comment is:
    Well I think Toyota went above and beyond to try and help you. So if "that is what you can expect from Toyota these days"
    Then I say hats off to Toyota for trying to help when they did not have to offer you anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top