1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck sits uneven

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by PeTRD, May 6, 2010.

1. May 6, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    PeTRD

PeTRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    CT
    Vehicle:
    02 Xcab TRD
    Tuff Country 3" suspension, Performance Accessories 3" body lift, K&N air Filter
    I have an 02 Trd tacoma I have a 3" body lift and a 3" tuff country coil spacer lift kit, the rear sits noticably higher in the back, I was wondering if I got coilover shocks for the front if it would help even it out more???

2. May 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Nope. You'll need to lower the back with a shorter lift setup.

3. May 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    PeTRD

PeTRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    CT
    Vehicle:
    02 Xcab TRD
    Tuff Country 3" suspension, Performance Accessories 3" body lift, K&N air Filter
    Well I have blocks in the rear now, what's a more efficent way, plus where can I find a new kit for the rear?

4. May 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    In that case it's easy. How much higher is the rear now? Just a matter of simple math at this point: if the rear sits 1" higher and you have a 3" block on there then just swap it out for a 2" block and then you'll be level.

Try Toytec or Wheelers Off Road for different sized blocks.

5. May 7, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    PeTRD

PeTRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    CT
    Vehicle:
    02 Xcab TRD
    There's gotta be a better way then lowering the back.... What about the torsion bars????

6. May 7, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Commifornia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    To much to list...see sig for more...
    We don't have torsion bars unless you have a late 80's early 90's Toyota pickup. & cry about it. You drive a truck for **** sakes...its supposed to sit uneven...if it bothers you that much...you can throw a couple sand bags in the back.

7. May 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    PeTRD

PeTRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    CT
    Vehicle:
    02 Xcab TRD
    I have been for a while, mr. rude guy, i was just wondering if it was an easy thing to fix. I just got into lifting like 2 years ago i dont know much about all the different types of stuff u can do. From this picture it doesnt look bad, but when on flat ground the rear sits about 2 inches higher.

[​IMG]

8. May 7, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Commifornia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    To much to list...see sig for more...
    Your options for the rear are swapping out the rear blocks or shackles for smaller ones.

9. May 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 Auto Trans With Lots of Mods King Extended Travel COs Camburg Uniball UCAs Alcan Custom 8-Leaf Rear Spring Packs Fox 2.0 Resi Rear Shocks FrankenFab Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren bumps Toytec 1" Extended Shackle 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor 15x8 D Window Steelies 33" BFG KM2s Limited Edition Relentless Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Rugged Ridge 3" LED Pods w/Amber covers Mini D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4500K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Whynter 65 qt. Fridge/Freezer CVT Mt Bachelor RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack GM 140 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnaflow 18" Muffler Braided Steel Brake Lines AFE Pro Dry S air filter ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    Are you on the original toyota springs in back?

Right now, all of the height you have in the back is either from the body lift and the blocks, right? The simple fix is to use a shorter block in back. However, that is not the only option.

To change the height of the back could involve removing the lift block altogether. Course, with no block at all it would be too low but you can add an add-a-leaf to the toyota spring pack or even replace the springs with a set that gives some lift.

10. May 7, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Or just do a 6" lift on the front...

11. May 7, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Icon's with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 295 BFG KO2, Bora 1" spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Yeah, you need to lower that back!

I would get rid of that block lift back there and do an AAL. First measure what the difference is front to back on level ground to see how much you want to come down. But I would say a 1.5" or 2' AAL would do it.

12. May 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    ^ x2. imo id go with aal instead of shackles or blocks

To Top