1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck too high for passengers.. They're scratching the plastic on foot area..

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Airwolf NSX, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jan 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    Airwolf NSX

Airwolf NSX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    i found a temporary alternative while i order my running boards..

i used painters tape to tape up the side sill area.. it's ugly, but my goodness, it got the job done.

i look at the tape now and there's nothing but scuff marks all over the side sill area..

2. Jan 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    Weathertech Mats protect the plastic sills pretty well.

3. Jan 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    jamesglynn

jamesglynn James

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road, Dble Cab, Magnetic Gray
    What gets me is people not respecting your property when they open their door of their clunker at Wal-Mart while getting food with food-stamps, in a clunker that someone probably gave them, they could care less that you work hard to pay for their food and cell phone bills. Also, I'm in sales for a local building supply company and I go to jobsites everyday. My wife goes to work one day a week and shopping another day, and at the end of the week, my Taco is still cleaner, after muddy jobsite visits, than her car that stayed on asphalt and concrete, (figure that out boys)!

4. Jan 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    CtYankee

CtYankee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 black 4x4 acc
    step bars, bull bar, tint, bug shield, debadged, tires and rims
    LOL... yea, you gotta park wayyyyyyy faw away... and even that isnt a definate that your ride isnt gonna get F'd with. inconsiderate bastoids!

5. Jan 12, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Rock sliders are the same way. They can be used as steps... but it's awkward and cumbersome for some people.

6. Jan 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport

:laugh:

7. Jan 13, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Wait..... what? :confused:

8. Jan 13, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Hey - middletown! what's up?

9. Jan 13, 2010 at 4:47 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    This is the only reason I kinda want my nerf bars on...so mindless asswipes can bang their doors on the nerfs instead of the side of my truck. Lifting puts the nerfs at just the right height for these pukes to ruin their shit but still don't make it any easier getting in or out of the truck as was stated AND not sure I like how they look either. Have had them off & on the truck several times trying to decide, lol.......................

Products Discussed in

To Top