1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck Value

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GoDeacsWFU23, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    GoDeacsWFU23

GoDeacsWFU23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clemmons, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma PreRunner TRD Sport
    Every once in awhile I like to get on the NADA Guide website and just check the round about value of my truck. Being that it is only 16 months old and already has 40,000 miles on it I was very surprised to see the value. It is worth more than what I paid for it in Nov. 2010. I bought it brand new through a credit union and got a good deal but am still surprised it is worth more than what I paid for it. Of course, things are only worth what someone else will pay for them, but on paper I am very happy.

I would say that if any of you all are on the fence as to whether or not to trade in your truck I would check the value and you might be surprised with what you see!

2. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    The #2 reason why I bought my Taco. Reason #1 is reliability, which is why #2 exists. :)

3. Apr 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica 4X4
    Leather seats, WeatherTech's, Access LiteRider tonneau cover, extra D-rings in bed & tailgate. Pelley lightbar with Hella 700FF's. Temp./compass O/H console.
    Yep, I like the value of the Tacoma. True story; Co-worker of mine buys a new 2011 Chevy 2500 4X4 diesel crew cab last year for $60K a few weeks after I bought my new Tacoma. Last week he comes to work and is torqued that a neighbor of his just bought a used 2011 Chevy 2500 diesel 4X4 crew cab for $32K. We go to KBB to check truck values and his is actually showing $49K, while mine showed more than what I paid for it. Now I know you can't compare apples to oranges. Just interesting to me.

4. Apr 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    :yay: Yay to Toyotas

To Top