1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck wanders on freeway after lift and alignment

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by davidpick, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jan 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Spot on! Caster has no affect on tire wear. It only affects handling and steering recenter.

2. Jan 5, 2016 at 8:08 PM
    undersc0re

undersc0re Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC Canada
    exhaust and k@n filter setup.
    My 2008 has no aftermarket add ons of any sort, it is an off road 6spd v6 access cab, I am going to take it into an alignment shop and ask them to set it to 2.8 to 3.0 caster to hopefully remedy my wandering issues which are extremely bad. Is this easily done by the alignment shop, is it much to ask of them. If this cheap quick fix does not help I am selling the thing! Also is there an adjuster on the rack and pinion to adjust the tightness of the steering like they had on the old steering boxes many years ago? I just can not find anything wrong or worn on the front end....the rear end seems to be fine unless there is some dogtracking wandering back there, but I see nothing worn or loose or moving when inspecting. Anyhow just wondering if the average shop would mind chnaging caster to the extreme high end or if its possible to make it as high as 3 on these things while keeping everything else in spec.

Products Discussed in

To Top