1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck wont start...not the battery?????

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by wolfgang123, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    wolfgang123

wolfgang123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Skyler
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    1997 TACOMA - 4x4
    So i got up this morning to go to school and the truck wont start, no clicks ticks nothing, but the clock, lights stero all that junk turn on. So i think its the battery. I pull my dads truck out and try to jump it. on his truck i have positive to positive and negative to a ground negative on my truck. thats the way i have always done it. scangauge yesterday was saying 12 volts on the battery, i little low but i wasnt concered. now with the cables hooked up its saying i only have 11 volts. Still nothing...So i think its the starter but i want to try one more time. (the truck has been sitting hook up to my dads truck which is running, and now she try to start) so at this point i am almost sure its the battery. I am getting a couple fast clicks from the starter. my dad thinks its the starter i think its the battery. what do you guys think?

P.s. i know that was a little hard to read but i am in a hurry at school and shouldnt even be on the computer...sorry.

Products Discussed in

To Top