1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck Won't Start...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 99GreenYota, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Feb 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    99GreenYota

99GreenYota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Devner, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 TRD Sport
    To many to list...
    Some of you may have remember my previous post about the cylinder 4 misfire, I'm still having that problem and finally got some time to check things out.

My problem now is that my truck wont start...

I started off by checking the computer just to make sure nothing had gotta wet or burnt or anything, so took that out, it was fine, replaced it all. Next was to check my engine coolant temperature sensor, so took everything apart this requires me to remove the fuel pipe between the rails. Let the pressure out slowly and reinstalled everything... Now my truck wont start at all.

Things I checked already...
    - Got the air out of the fuel rails, pretty much bled the system of air.
    - Engine was flooded so took out all the plugs, dried everything out, and it still wont start...
    -And the plugs are getting spark, checked that too.

Any ideas???

Thanks, Dan

2. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck..well, maybe
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    What was the prior condition ? (how was it running before you started taking things apart ? Is it getting fuel now along with spark? Do you hear your fuel pump energize a few secs. & then shut off ?......:cool:

3. Feb 14, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    99GreenYota

99GreenYota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Devner, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 TRD Sport
    To many to list...
    Well before I started taking things apart, the truck ran fine, it just had a cylinder 4 misfire that happened every once in a while. Other then that though, I am getting fuel to the engine, because the plugs are soaked everytime I try and start the thing again. And everytime I have checked to see if I am getting spark, I am.

Would there be a relay or fuse that could have blown and thats why it wont start?

To Top