1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

True Detective

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by DEEVON911, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Jan 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Season 3 premier tomorrow. Hope it's good.

ThunderCookies likes this.
  2. Jan 12, 2019 at 9:18 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Can’t be worse than season 2

JKU3000 likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2019 at 9:58 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I think it's going to be great as it looks like they went back to the original formula as the first season where the landscape is actually a character in the series. It was completely filmed in the Northwest part of Arkansas and the story looks to be very interesting. Although I think it will be great, I don't ever think that Season 1 can be topped. That season was one of the best series I've ever watched this side of Band of Brothers.

4. Jan 13, 2019 at 7:43 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Hooked after ep1. Watching 2 now...

JKU3000 likes this.
  5. Jan 13, 2019 at 8:27 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I like it. It's starting off a little bit slow but I like how they are building the show and I think it's going to be a great story that leads to a ending that we won't forget.

My only problem (and it's my problem) is I'm comparing it to season one and I shouldn't do that. This show should be taken on its own merits and not judged off my expectation that it should be like season one. It will be very hard for any show to live up to the first season as I was glued to every episode. But I really like how they are doing the timeline this time around and it will be interesting to see how the show progresses through the rest of the season.

6. Jan 14, 2019 at 5:26 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I am comparing it to season 1 as well. I think it is very similar so far. Having them go back and take a look at the unsolved case so many years later and giving him time to reflect on it again. I like the idea of having them in 1980, 1990, and 2015. I think we get resolution in the 2015 timeline, much like season 1...

7. Jan 14, 2019 at 6:42 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    For me it's almost impossible to not compare any crime drama with TD season 1. It's perfection, even the title song is hard to beat. I will say they are doing a good job though with this season. I wonder if Stephen Dorf is still smoking them Blu's?

RearViewMirror likes this.
  8. Jan 14, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Not in the show he's not lol.

9. Jan 14, 2019 at 6:49 AM
    BYJOSHCOOK

BYJOSHCOOK Mr. Mojo Risin

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Woodstock and Alpharetta Ga
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR5 4WD Lunar Mist
    Check Out My Builds
    Didn't know this was a here. But I'm into this season much more than season 2, not quite on par with season 1 but nothing will top that. Excited for next Sunday :popcorn:

10. Jan 14, 2019 at 7:00 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I agree. I didn't even finish season 2 because it just wasn't remotely as good as season 1. I think part of it is I just couldn't take Vince Vaughn seriously as a mobster. Don't get me wrong... I like Vince Vaughn in the roles he normally plays but him being a bad guy just didn't work for me.

*SPOILER ALERT*

In season 1 and season 3 the landscape is actually a character in the show and I like that. Season 3 is starting off slower but I think it's going to be very interesting finding out why she is still alive and what role his character takes with his diminishing memory.

11. Jan 14, 2019 at 7:10 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    There is a spoiler 'insert' you can use lol, so it actually hides that text. That wasn't much of a spoiler though so no biggie...

Season 2 wasn't that good, but it did end and wrap up nicely. I remember painfully sticking through the middle of the season and the payoff wasn't that bad...

12. Jan 14, 2019 at 7:23 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about the spoiler insert.

13. Jan 14, 2019 at 9:08 AM
    BYJOSHCOOK

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR5 4WD Lunar Mist
    Check Out My Builds
    I got about half way thru and they we stopped watching it. Then a few months later I had a few days off so I finished it up, but yeah not at all a terrible season but nothing close to season 1

14. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:41 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    It definitely felt like 4 main characters fighting for their own story.

15. Jan 28, 2019 at 8:30 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    So the first few episodes started out pretty slow and they weren't nearly as engaging as the first season. But... This last episode... Yeah, things are really starting to get interesting. I've got a feeling from this point out it's really going to start to get really good. The acting in this last episode was awesome. Can't wait until next week.

JKU3000 likes this.
  16. Jan 30, 2019 at 6:40 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Taqa from FTWD gonna get his.

17. Feb 1, 2019 at 7:25 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Just watched Ep 4 and 5. That shootout scene was pretty good. Still hasn’t been as good as the first season, but I’m really liking it. My wife thinks the mom’s cousin did it and the mom was in on it. My newest theory is it was the attorney general. Not that either of us know what “it” was lol...

18. Feb 6, 2019 at 10:20 AM
    BYJOSHCOOK

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR5 4WD Lunar Mist
    Check Out My Builds
    Finally caught up. Once Roland came on screen in the 90's I noticed he had a gimp, I immediately thought he gets shot in a shoot out, fast forward to the end of the episode and boom shoot out.

Getting pretty good but again not as good as season 1 but still quite good

19. Feb 6, 2019 at 10:24 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I knew they'd get to why he had a gimp but didn't think about a shoot out lol. But that scene was pretty good. Haven't watched last week yet. Actually I take that back. They released episode 4 and 5 at the same time so I guess I have already watched the most recent episode :bored:

20. Feb 11, 2019 at 7:19 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Still sticking to my theory that it was the Attorney General. It’s all a cover up for him.

My wife just read some stuff that apparently ties this story to real life. Tyson Chicken and Clinton had some shadyness go on back in the day, hence the Hoyt chicken farm. Also super pumped for Michael Rooker to come on the show

Products Discussed in

To Top