1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trusted shop in Vancouver/ Portland area?

Discussion in 'North West' started by FltMedic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jan 16, 2017 at 12:54 PM
    FltMedic

FltMedic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    i just found a leak from my timing chain cover. Dealer quote is $2400! Does anyone know of a good trusted local shop in the Portland or Vancouver area that may be cheaper?

2. Feb 1, 2017 at 10:28 AM
    stikle

stikle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    The Sovereign State of Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1997 LX Xtracab 4x4 V6 3.4L
    Eh, see my Build Thread sig link. Too many mods to list.
    I've taken the Honda to Kim's International for 15 years on a couple friend's recommendations. Shopped around and the price was comparable. They only service foreign cars and are only open M-F, but I've had good results. Had the timing belt/water pump done with no issue.

For the Taco, I have a Gresham Toyota mechanic on speed dial. He works off the books after hours out of his home shop...but I'd have no problem taking it to Kim's as well.

3. Feb 2, 2017 at 8:23 AM
    cj13058

cj13058 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Off-Road DCSB
    ARB 3'' lift, ARE canopy, 265/75/16 All Terrain KO2, after market stereo, ECGS differential bushing, ARB Deluxe front Bumper, Warn M8000 winch, custom winch control box install, FrontRunner Slimline canopy rack,
    Willamette Boulevard Service Center. Father and son shop (I think). I haven't had any work done there yet, but Josh and been really helpful providing some information on DIY repairs. Once you see the rigs parked outside, you'll see why he comes recommended. Quite a long wait though.
    Search on TW, I saw that the timing chain cover can be sealed from the outside. Mine leaks also but, extremely minimal leak. IIRC, he quoted less than $2000. But don't quote me on that.

Products Discussed in

To Top